I really hate to bring this up...but let's talk about parasites?!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ceili, Jun 19, 2005.

1. ceili

ceili New Member

I cannot sleep one more night even thinking that I may have worms and other parasites living in my body. ACH!

Dh tells me I should stop reading these boards as I find new things to worry about every day. LOL

But I have a true need to ensure these creepy crawlies aren't in my body. ACH!!! I had a really bad experience years ago, when in the middle of the night, when dh and I were driving to Vermont, he bought me raisonettes. I'm munching, and realized there was something "off" about them. Turned headlamp in car on and there were small worms in the package!! ACH!! And I've been eating some. I gagged, and now I wonder if they are in me to this day???!!!

What is the best place to go for ridding anything that is in me?

Hard for me to eat fruit of any kind to this day. :(
  2. Somewhere

Somewhere New Member

I have been dwelling on this too. I am wondering if all the crap they give you to clean your bowels out before having a colonoscopy would work??? Weird thought I know, but who knows, that may just work.

I'm probably weirding everyone out with this one. It's just that I am going to get a colonoscopy anyway and I know that you are 100% cleaned out for that procedure.

As far as the stool sample, I have heard that they are not as reliable as we have been led to believe. I guess because parasites go through active and inactive stages. Or something like that.

I hope someone has some thoughts on my theory of the colonoscopy "cleanse". I know it wouldn't actuall kill any eggs that may be hiding elsewhere, (gross) but at least it should enable a person to see if anything has been eliminated.

Any opinions anybody??

Thanks, Sally
  3. neen85

neen85 New Member

they look like small BB's (in the case study I saw). Nature's Sunshine has a product called Para Clense,I believe for this type of problem. Daneen
  4. mars_xmu

mars_xmu New Member

Had my test done at GS at it was 100% accurate. If you cannot afford the test you could try a good oregano complex (not for worms) Parasites can also be micro organisms that feed on healthy cells. It's best to get a test done, most MDs do not treat symptoms as shown on the GS lab test. If you self treat it's just guess work, and you may end up wasting a lot of $$$, just as I did in the past. Best of luck.
  5. foggyfroggy

foggyfroggy Guest

Just a note to say that you don't get worms from accidently eating little insects in food, they are likely flour moth maggots, and cannot turn into parasites. You'll just digest them.

Other cultures eat insects all the time with no ill effects, prehistoric man likely used them as a major source of protein.

Parasites from food are almost always from uncooked meat.
  6. karatelady52

karatelady52 New Member

In all my efforts to figure out what is wrong with me, I decided to do a parasite cleanse last year. I bought two bottles at the health food store and after about the third week, guess what was in my "poop." You guessed it, it looked like the shells of worms --- it wasn't vitamin shells like I heard someone suggest because they were oval shaped --- definitely some type of parasite.

I've had animals for years and my theory is that we pick up parasites from them living with us.

Sandy

7. read

read New Member

Ralph on this one. I myself had three different types of parasites. I worked on a pig farm and that were I got mine. Those little pigs are born with worms, your pets are all born with worms, thats why we deworm them. We need to remember that we can't see them. A thousand eggs can rest on the head of a pin, you only need one to set up shop. Its better to be safe then sorry,I say do a colon parasite cleanes and eat things that they don't like. Onions, garlic, taking black walnut. Parasites don't want to be found, they live off the host and will till the host dies or you kill them, thats why there called parasites. Parasites are not a third world diease, there very global. That my two cents. Take care, Read.
  8. ldbgcoleman

ldbgcoleman New Member

so what product do we use for a colon and or Parasite cleanse?? There are so many choices which one works?? Thanks Lynn
  9. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

A few yers ago I was told by my Dr. that I had 2 amoeba in my intestines. He prescribed medication, but it so enervated me, that I had to stop it.

I wonder if there is any way I can get rid of them without antibiotics (wich I cannot take), and without getting so weak that I find it hard to breathe? Also, I can't get my Dr. to do anything about it, so I would have to do it myself.

Does anyone know?

Thanks,
    Terry
  10. Muddieanne

Muddieanne New Member

I think you are the only one making any sense on this topic.I think colon cleansers cleanse people's wallets.Unless someone has traveled to a third world country or puts their hands or feet in poop,how could they have parasites?

My gastroenterolgist,as part of an initial exam, included a test for parasites. This wasn't because this a rampant problem in the U.S. It was part of his exam confirming IBS and a condition called bile acid malabsorption.

Marie
  11. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I'm a medical technologist in a large hospital lab and worked in micro/parasit. in the early years of my career. MCD is right on with her information!

It worries me that the so-called "information" on this board has denegrated into scare-tactics. Look at the first page. There are 3 posts on parasites alone! One responder on a post about colon cleansing actually said that they would do a colon cleanse right away to get rid of all the bacteria! Bacteria are normal residents of the gut.

And the posts on the high colonic cleanses scare me to death! These can be extremely dangerous done by so-called professionals nevermind doing it yourself! Please, please don't do this! The posts about colon cleanses just remind me of Howard Hughes and his fixation with germs!

I was questioned once before as to why I stay on this board. And the answer is that I don't want newbies to waste their money on pseudo-science and believe everything they read on this board. Most of the people who post this stuff do not have any type of medical background and are just parroting sites that are questionable as to the science behind them.

Please, please do your own research and just think about these things. Do you really in your heart think that we have all of the things that are posted here as causing our problems? Does it make sense to you?

Take care, Sally

12. matthewson

matthewson New Member

I will reiterate again what I said on a previous post when this came up before and you asked me why I keep coming back to this board. I am not AGAINST herbs and supplements! I take some of them myself and find them beneficial.

What I am against is unproven, possibly harmful treatments that have No scientific basis behind them. And by the way, part of our job as medical technologist is culturing stool specimens for pathogenic bacteria and also ova and parasites.

I have SEEN stool specimens under a microscope and the STUFF that you say comes out of you with a colon cleanse is NORMAL stool!. Normal stool has vegetable casings, meat fibers lots and lots of bacteria (normal), usually some mucous, but lots of mucous can signal problems such as crohn's disease and even IBS symptoms can cause more than normal mucous to be present. When we look for Ova and Parasites, we try to pick the areas of the stool that are bloody and mucousy (if that's a word!LOL). That is where the o and p's would hang out if they are present. To the untrained eye, vegetable casings can LOOK like helmith ova, but we are trained to know the difference.

Here is a good link to pictures of ova and parasites. I haven't checked it out throughly, but the pictures on the main page are very good.

http://www.scientificdevice.com/product_pages/helmith_ova_and_larvae.htm

I guess I tend to come on a little too strong in my disagreements, but I really think there has to be two sides shown and then people can make their own decisions about treatments that are controversial.

Sally
  13. fairydust39

fairydust39 New Member

Everyone has Parasites!! It's when we get an over abundance of them that we have trouble. I agree with Stormyskye that Colon Health is important and that a Colon cleanse is not only Healthy but may save your life--as it did mine. I had UC for 30 yrs. and Conventional Dr treatment did NOT help me. I went to dozens of Gastroenterologist and was not helped at all! Then reading on the net about the plaque that builds up on the lining of the Colon and the Parasites that LIVE in the Plaque!!! I ask God to guild me and help me to know if this was what I should do and felt God had lead me to this info. So I did the cleanse for 4 or 5 weeks. I passed some awful stuff and ft. long pieces of fecal matter. At 1st nothing happened but as I got into the cleanse for about a week things started happening. The moral of the story is that today I am Ulcertive Colitis free! I felt like that after passing that stuff --like someone threw a light switch. That has been 2 yrs. ago and I take nothing for UC !! I was on Pred.,Azufadine,Asacol and many many more drugs and yet I was Hemorrhaging to death. It was nothing to go into the hospital and recieve 7 pints of blood. I had many Colonoscopies and the Dr never said that I had a lot of plaque in my intestines. NOW, if they can't see that plaque then how can they say we have IBS or UC or Crohns??? By our symptoms??? I think many diseases is caused by a dirty Colon and all can feel much much better if they do a Colon Cleanse. If you do it with herbs or Colonics or both as I did, is up to you. But I would recommend everyone to do the Cleanse.
    Shirley
  14. Krista47

Krista47 New Member

I'm convinced that I have a long term problem with parasites. Every time I do a parasite cleanse I end up feeling great for a while aftewords.

I just started one 2 days ago and my pain level has reduced tremendously. I'm always surprised at the good results I get. But I'm also worried about how bad of a problem I must have in order to get such good results.

I've been doing cleanses off and on for over a year now. They've gotten rid of headaches, sinus problems, fatigue, all sorts of things.

I've got to start using my zapper more, too.

Kris
  15. rigby

rigby New Member

I have worked in hospitals parasites are not limited to just your colon. They can live any where. Hook worms in legs. Tapeworms in the brain. You should be tested cleansing is cleaning not elimiting the problem if you have parasites.
  16. Krista47

Krista47 New Member

I have read that humans have over 100 different types of parasites of which only 20% can be tested for. Of the 20% that can be tested, there is less than a 40% accuracy of the tests.

I took the prescription Mebendazole at 4 different intervals over the past year and now I'm taking a homeopathic remedy which makes me feel much better. There are parasites that can't be gotten rid of and take years of treatment to reduce the harm they have done.

Our friend's son was infected by a parasite in Mexico and the doctors told them there is nothing they can do. He has improved over the past couple of years after taking treatments from a local naturopath.

Kris