I Really Hate to Rain on Everybody's Parade, BUT...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by marinemom, Nov 15, 2002.

1. marinemom

marinemom New Member

This is in reference to Chocolat's URL that was removed.

I was able to copy the link BEFORE it was removed. The site that everybody is up in arms about, is the SAME site that ours is!!!! In other words, in a round-a-bout way, it takes us right back to the list we are able to get right here in our own back yard!

The only other thing I saw was how to interview a doctor, and I believe someone already printed out all that important info for us. Now, it could be that I didn't examine the site too much, for when it took me back to "our" list, I made the judgement call that what we had was obviously the best!

I know Chocolat was trying to be helpful and I can appreciate that. But, folks, we need to get a grip here. We have moderators trying to do their jobs, and we are beating them up for it? Who is the first one we call on when we even suspect a snake oil saleman lurking? Huh?

I've had my hand slapped a time or two, but that doesn't mean I'm taking my ball and going home. There is way too much help, information, AND MOST OF ALL, support here.

I think before everybody gets too bent out of shape, you need to sit back and think about how this board would be if we had NO moderators at all. Oops! We'd have NO BOARD!!

Now, throw rocks if you want. That's my dollar's worth.
    Kathy
  2. marinemom

marinemom New Member

This is in reference to Chocolat's URL that was removed.

I was able to copy the link BEFORE it was removed. The site that everybody is up in arms about, is the SAME site that ours is!!!! In other words, in a round-a-bout way, it takes us right back to the list we are able to get right here in our own back yard!

The only other thing I saw was how to interview a doctor, and I believe someone already printed out all that important info for us. Now, it could be that I didn't examine the site too much, for when it took me back to "our" list, I made the judgement call that what we had was obviously the best!

I know Chocolat was trying to be helpful and I can appreciate that. But, folks, we need to get a grip here. We have moderators trying to do their jobs, and we are beating them up for it? Who is the first one we call on when we even suspect a snake oil saleman lurking? Huh?

I've had my hand slapped a time or two, but that doesn't mean I'm taking my ball and going home. There is way too much help, information, AND MOST OF ALL, support here.

I think before everybody gets too bent out of shape, you need to sit back and think about how this board would be if we had NO moderators at all. Oops! We'd have NO BOARD!!

Now, throw rocks if you want. That's my dollar's worth.
    Kathy
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I know Shirl also appreciates these kind words. We really do try hard to make this the best place for everyone with our illnesses. This is a website sponsored generously by a company which has got to look out for its own interests, which not coincidently, are our best interests in the long run. Many companies give a token percent of their profits toward good works. The founder of ProHealth, who suffers from CFIDS, gives a very large percent of the profits toward the goal of eliminating our illnesses. In addition, I have not found cheaper prices nor higher quality in products offered. These products are all designed to address some of our most common symptoms and the catalog is arranged to make it easy to find products according to what we are trying to relieve.

This is a win/win/win situation. Shirl and I both are pretty much "hands off" moderators, but we do have to enforce the rules of the board and try to make this a safe and stress-free environment for the benefit of our wonderful members. Thanks for your understanding and help.

Love, Mikie
  4. marinemom

marinemom New Member

You're welcome, both you and your cohort in crime! =)

I am the worst to grab my soap box and take a stand, but this time I think that you are in the right. That doesn't mean that you won't have to "slap me silly" from time to time, but, hey, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

I know that you both have a tough job. I personally wouldn't want it. I don't know if I should say this, but if anyone has a "beef" maybe they should take it up with the "higher powers that be". I don't know.

I do know that I have gained a lot of knowledge and help from this board. We have all become sort of like a family, and as a family, there does tend to be a small amount of bickering over "who got the biggest piece of cake". But all in all, this whole group is a pretty cool group.

I, for one, am glad I found it.

Kathy
  5. marinemom

marinemom New Member

So as not to get lost.
  6. sybil

sybil New Member

this vigilante nonsense was getting out of hand...
    innocent until PROVEN guilty springs to mind.
    let the moderators do their job,

sybilxxx