i really need help! Gmother was hospitalized from meds!plz read

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by saphire27, Mar 6, 2006.

1. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

She went into the hospital for a week, shes home now.

They couldn't give her a name for the problem except that she had an infection in her kidneys! She is allergic to MANY meds, scripts & over the counter! Besides that she can't take the dye color of RED.Anything thats dyed with red.

Her family dr put her on tylenol, no color to it, but made her SICk, she told him about it, but insisisted that it WASN't the tylenol.She knows now, it's what cuased her kidneys to ALMOST shut down while in the hospital, they didn't think she would live threw it.In the hospital, they FINALLY took her word, and took her off all tylenol.

She got better.

But thing is now, for arthritis pain and headaches any pain what so ever she hasn't been able to find a medication that she can handle.

We need help to find a pain med that she'll be able to tolerate. She can't take vicodin or ultram, alot of narcs make her sick. So what can we do for her??

I suggested she go to an allergists, but don't know if they do allergies to MEDS????

Can anyone offer any ideas here?? desperate need.

saph
  2. Countrymom

Countrymom New Member

Is a herbal rem edy that is supposed to be very effective with arthritis pain.

I have a friend who swears by it but I have not tried it. I'll try to think of something else to help.

Dani
  3. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am so sorry about your grandmother! I wish that I knew the answer....but just don't.

But, I sure will say a prayer for her.

Love.......Mari
  4. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

If she is allergic to so many meds, she may also be allergic to some herbs as well so be careful with that. There are places that test for all these things using electro-dermal screening. Allergists will also test for med allergies.

I don't know if she would consider massage or acupunture but they are both excellent for pain management.

Kathy.
  5. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Is she allergic to ibuprofen (Advil)? This works great for me for headaches and it helps reduce inflammation so would be good for arthritis too, I think.

Mary
  6. saphire27

saphire27 New Member

I'm going to advise her to go to an allergists, about the cherry juice, she can't have anything red, dye or not.but thanks. She's not suppose to use advil & aleves.

Thanks
    saph