I really need prayer right now

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Lms526, Jul 12, 2008.

1. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

Hey everyone. I know it's been a pretty long time since I've posted anything here. I have been lurking around though. Just haven't really felt up to posting lately.

Just to bring you all up to date. The past few weeks have been especially tough for me. I switched to the generic version of paxil in early June. I started at 30 mgs, which didn't do much of anything. So after 2 weeks (with Nurse Practioner's permission) I bumped it up to 40 mg. Even then, it didn't help my depression at all. In fact, if anything, it made it much worse. I noticed a major increase in my depression. I also started having really persistent suicidal thoughts. I set up an appointment with the NP for July 25. Which was the earliest I could get in. But then yesterday, I decided I just couldn't wait that long being as miserable as I was. I was starting to get really scared. I didn't have a plan or anything, but I felt it I let it go much longer, I would get to that point. So, I had an emergency appointment yesterday with the NP and my counselor. I got switched to a different med. Effexor XR. I am to take the 37.5 mg pills for 12 days, and then bump up to the 75 mg. There is a lot of leeway with this drug and a lot of possible combinations. So I'm really hoping this drug works for me. So if you could please pray that this new drug would work for me, I would really appreciate it. I just started the Effexor XR today, so it's too early to tell if it will work. I'll keep you all posted!

Lms526
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

Wow, that is a lot you are going through.

I know, because I suffer from clinical depression also, and had to try a few until I found one that worked for me.

Have started praying for you, and will keep on, until you are through this phase.

You did really well making an emergency appointment!

Will be praying for the Effexor to have good results.

Just hold on, and find any way that works for you, until the med. kicks in.

You could keep checking in here too - as you go through this. Many will be praying for you.

Love, Judy
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

Hi Again,

I just wanted to say that whenever I've been in a similar situation, some of the things that have helped me get through are: sleeping, reading, watching TV - these help me to zone out, and disconnect until I am feeling better.

Or I will call a friend that I can trust, and just pour it all out, and ask them for prayer.

Sometimes I write it all out. It depends on what will help me through that particular time.

God Bless - I've got a sticky-note on my computer to remind me to keep lifting you up in prayer.

Love, Judy

4. Sweetpotatoe

Sweetpotatoe New Member

Hi Girl,
    I am thinking Effexor could be the answer, Yah
    I know someone that got through a serious bout of depression with this drug.
    This person was a high achiever with a strong mind, not one episode of depression in her life, then some major things happened and bang, she was down. She tried lots of other meds too, but with no results, It got to the point that she was in bed 24/7, and no longer living in the real world.
    I think her dose got up to around 200mg, she was that bad, she had some side effects like hot flashes, sweating, didn't feel the cold at all, and burnt up in the summer, weight gain, heart palpitations and eye strain.

The side effects were tolerable and it wasn't until she weaned off that she realized alot of them, weaning was a long slow process that took about a year.

It took about 2 years for her to come out of the depression, she got some support, and gradually got back to work, she has told me she doesn't think she would have made it through without that drug.

I really hope this is the med that will help you through this scary time. I agree with Judy, do anything that will take your thoughts off yourself, I sleep alot when I am depressed, I just have to turn my mind off.

Be kind and patient with yourself, you are going to get through this time in your life. One day at a time.

I am rooting for you, (do you say that in USA!!), and I am praying for you. Stay in touch and let us know how you are going.

Father God,
    Oh Lord I lift LMS up in prayer, asking and believing that you have her in the palm of your hand, Lord please bring peace that passes understanding into her very being, Lord please let this med be the very answer to help and stabilize LMS's mind, Lord I ask you being the Great Physician to touch this precious girl with your healing hand, to bring hope and healing into her life, for a new story, a new song in her heart, please usher in the new season that you have for her Lord, Lord your word says we are more than conquerers, Lord I pray for Your God Given strenghth to penetrate Lms's mind, Lord I thankyou in advance for your great gifts and mercy to LMS, please hold her steady Lord, In Jesus precious name, Amen.

Love Cindy.
  5. xphile

xphile New Member

I'm so glad that you decided to make that emergency appointment with your NP! I lift you up right now and claim that the Effexor will help you with your battle in depression. The Bible says where two or more agree it shall be done. Anytime you need us feel free to post! We're here for you :) I know how bad depression can make you feel. I'm on 200 mgs. of Zoloft to keep mine under control, but without the prayer I know I wouldn't be as in control as I am. Remember that you are never alone! :)

Hugs,
    Adam
  6. kbak

kbak Member

Hi,

You bet I'll pray! Depression will just eat you alive. I'll be praying that the Effexor or whatever works the best will get you on the road to feeling better.

Please take care,
    kbak
  7. windblade

windblade Active Member

I have been thinking of you, and praying so much for you.

How are you doing, in getting through all of this?

Is the med. helping any? So sorry for how terrible it is; I've gone through similar things so many times.

Praying for your safety, and well-being.

Love, Judy