I really really need your prayers today and tomorrow

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by pepper, Feb 14, 2007.

1. pepper

pepper New Member

If you are reading this on Thurs. or Fri., would you please take a moment and say a prayer that I can get through these two days.

My DH drove down to Watertown to pick up his brother for the funeral - BIL has no passport, couldn't fly over the border and it was the worst snowstorm of the year. BIL's plane was 13 hrs late getting in so they did not arrive home until 4:30 a.m. this morning. I hardly had a wink of sleep all night worrying about them driving in the storm or perhaps the plane being diverted again.

And of course his luggage is lost somewhere between Atlanta and Watertown! They are out shopping for clothes for him to wear to the wake and funeral.

Stress and lack of sleep aggravates all my CFS/FM symptoms. I am so exhausted and in so much pain that I do not know how I am going to make it through the wake this afternoon and the funeral tomorrow. And, on top of that, everyone is coming back to our place afterwards.

The way I feel right now I just can't do it. But I have to find the strength somehow. I would appreciate any prayers you can manage for me these two days.

My DH and his brother are exhausted too after their very long day yesterday and one hour's sleep. A wake and funeral are tough enough to get through without the added stress of no sleep and no luggage.

Thank you for praying.
    Love, Pepper

2. Asatrump

Asatrump New Member

Count on my prayers that all arrive safely, with luggage, etc. Watertown must be a mess, although they didn't get the snow as badly as Oswego. This north country living is getting hard, plus border travel now will be complicated with passports. I think cars will be another year before they need them.

Hang in Pepper. You have been through so very much, seems every time you try to stand up you get knocked down again.

I have plenty of time to pray today as I can't get out. Snow. I tried one shovel and could immediately feel my back, so simply put the garage door back down.

How about a hug too. (((((((((Pepper)))))))))))))
  3. pepper

pepper New Member

for your prayers and hugs. So you are trapped by the snow and have to pray all day, Asa. I guess that is good news for me.:)

I am going to get dressed now and try to look "normal" for the next few hours. Little does anyone know that I will be covered with thermal pain patches, loaded up with Valium and struggling to stay upright.

Hopefully after tomorrow, this will be the last of being knocked back down again. My DH will get out of his depression and find the perfect job. Hope springs eternal.

Thanks to you both for praying today - and tomorrow too!
    Love, Pepper
  4. kgangel

kgangel New Member

Dear Pepper

May God be with you, your husband and his BIL. So sorry for all you are going through and the worry, remember dear to give it to God, he will be with you and them through all this.

I am so sorry for your loss as well, what a tough time for you and your family

You are in my prayers

God Bless you

kgangel
  5. Busyknitter2

Busyknitter2 New Member

You and your family are in my prayers. I am so very sorry that things have been so awful. The wake and funeral are hard enough with out the added travel and weather problems.

I am praying that you will find the strength to get thru the next couple of days and for all of your family.

God bless; Pam
  6. caffey

caffey New Member

Hi Judy: Already done !!
    Love ya
    Cath
  7. bandwoman

bandwoman New Member

Father,

When the roof seems to be caving in everywhere that is when your grace and strength are made strong in us whether we feel like it or not. I pray strength and peace into this situation with Pepper's family.

Give them supernatural strength to get through these next couple of days for Cammie's wake and funeral. Let the strength of other family members bind them together into unity to comfort them during this terrible time for the family.

I pray special prayers for Cammie's wife and children. Father' give them hope for their future without their husband and Dad. Comfort them in ways that only You can. Help them to look to you every day for continued strength and guidance.

Hang in there Pepper. You can do it.

Love,
    Nancy
  8. pepper

pepper New Member

My DH sent me home after the wake with orders not to come back until the service tomorrow. Thank you, God! He could see how much pain I was in despite the pain patches and Valium and said that he didn't want me to push myself any more than I already have. Thank God that he is so understanding. If the others don't get it, I don't really care. At least he gets it. I am lucky.

My DH and kids are still up at the evening part of the wake and I am going to get into my bed and try to make up for missed sleep. Maybe I will feel better tomorrow.

Great news! The get together after the service will be up at Cam's place near the funeral home NOT at our house!! Hooray!! I don't have to clean or worry about food and drinks and being a hostess. Thank you, God!

I am still exhausted and in horrible pain but I am so happy about not having to go tonight or host the get together tomorrow. I just will have to struggle to participate for a longer period of time tomorrow since going to bed there won't be an option.

Thanks for praying! Please keep it up! God is listening.
    Love, Pepper