I recall people talking about SS Disab.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by BluEyes, Dec 14, 2002.

1. BluEyes

BluEyes New Member

...but cannot remember where I have seen the info. I already had phone interview, and received the forms Friday --- to be signed and returned with my birth certificate. The gentleman was so nice as to fill out the forms before sending them to me. Can anyone give me pointers on how to go about getting benefits? I apreciate all your help!!

hugz to all,
    BluEyes

PS - I saw your letter in here for 48 hours. I think it is a great idea!
  2. BluEyes

BluEyes New Member

...but cannot remember where I have seen the info. I already had phone interview, and received the forms Friday --- to be signed and returned with my birth certificate. The gentleman was so nice as to fill out the forms before sending them to me. Can anyone give me pointers on how to go about getting benefits? I apreciate all your help!!

hugz to all,
    BluEyes

PS - I saw your letter in here for 48 hours. I think it is a great idea!
  3. achy

achy New Member

Go to the purple menu at the top of the page and click on disability...there is all kinds of info there. You can also do a web search for "fibromyalgia disability"...you will be amazed.
    My attorney told me to just write short statements to each question. Do not go into too much detail. They can turn things around and use it against you. Also, make a copy of every page before you mail it and keep it for future use. You will get a second set of forms later, wiht much of the same questions...make sure you answer them the same way as the first!!
    Just be honest & take your time. Keep it simple.
    Good luck
    Achy
  4. Trini

Trini New Member

Don't be crushed when they deny it the first and possibly the second time...I was naive enuf to think they cudn't possibly read my application and deny me....guess again! So prepare yourself for the first denial and that you'll have to go to reconsideration stage and then possibly to tell your story to a judge who will ultimatly award your ssdi...and don't give up! there are crooks collecting benefits and we're really sick so don't give up!