I received my decision from Canada Pension Disability today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lillorilea, Aug 5, 2005.

1. lillorilea

lillorilea New Member

I had my hearing on June 16th with the review tribunal and today I received a registered letter in the mail from them. YAHOO..........I finally got accepted and they are dating it back two years. Its been a very long and difficult wait but I just wanted to let you all know and tell you guys that are still fighting, to keep on fighting and I wish you all the best.

It doesn't help my pain but the stress that we have to endure is unbelievable.

Good Luck ALL and God Bless....................Lori
  2. darude

darude New Member

COngrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hey I am in the appeal stage and they keep wanting more things. Could you tell me what you did and all the illness's you had. Also what questions did they ask etc. Why did they turn yo down on first appeal? OH and they are going back two years that is awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Told me they only go back 11 months but I have been sick for two years now.
  3. Rosiebud

Rosiebud New Member

here in UK we are only given disability for a certain amount of time - then we have to re-apply - I've just been granted it again for 2 years then have to go through the whole process again. Still 2 years is better than nothing.

I had to appeal the two previous times but not this time.

It's a great feeling isnt it.

Rosie
    [This Message was Edited on 08/05/2005]
  4. fivesue

fivesue New Member

Whew! You made it, and I am so happy for you. Take a deep breath and enjoy.

Sue
  5. pepper

pepper New Member

That is wonderful news! I hope it encourages all the sufferers on the board to keep at it until they get what they deserve from the government and/or insurance companies.

Pepper
  6. BLUEROSE7

BLUEROSE7 New Member

So happy for you Lori!!!

Congrats
    (((Hugs)))
    Bluerose
  7. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Congratulations! I'm very happy for you.

Love, Mikie
  8. upnorth

upnorth New Member

That's great news.
    Hopefully it will take away some of the stress. We have enough stress dealing with managing illness.

I also live in Ontario. I just had my tribunal last week. Probably will hear in the next month or so.

It's nice to hear a success story with Disability.
  9. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

Lori:
    Congratulations. It must have been a long hard fight.
    I have government disability and you are right: it is very stressful trying to get it but worth the fight.
    NyroFan
  10. lillorilea

lillorilea New Member

Thank You for all your support. I don't think I would have made it without this board to come to and help me with all the difficult times.

Darude, I was denied two times and had to appeal because they were uncertain if there was any type of job that I may be able to do. It is very important for your doctors to be writing in their letters that your illness is severe and prolonged, also I have been referred to the mental health clinic for counselling (which seemed to be very important to the tribunal).

Good Luck....................Lori
  11. lillorilea

lillorilea New Member

You are absolutely right. It is important that the doctors cover all your conditions the first time applying for disability. I have now been referred to a mental health clinic because of my underlying illness. It is hard not to get depressed when you are dealing with a life of pain and a changed life, not being the person you use to be.

It really sounds as if your doctors have covered everything, hopefully you will be one of the lucky ones and get it on the first try. Good Luck, I wish you all the best.

God bless..........................Lori