I recived a very large check in the mail today ( Approved )

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by wenchwomyn, Sep 16, 2008.

1. wenchwomyn

wenchwomyn Member

Hello All

I got the mail today and there is this check made out to me for a very large sum of $$$$$$$ with no explanation as to what it was for , The envelope was from the Dept of Treasury Philadelphia. ( I live in Ca) I made a call to Social Security office and was on hold for 1 1/2 hours before I was helped. The lady was very nice and she said YES YOU WERE APPROVED FOR SOCIAL SECURITY ! ! ! ! ,Then she went on to say I should of gotten a letter before I got the check. I am very happy I applied in April 8, 2008 on my own I made a call to ALLSUP and was told they could not help me due to I was making payment to the IRS on back taxes and if I got approved the IRS could take my back pay. So I applied on my own. Good luck to all who are still waiting.

2. robin1667

robin1667 New Member

The same thing happened to me.I called Social Security and my lawyer.It took me a few days to really believe it.I got my approval letter a month later.

[This Message was Edited on 09/17/2008]
  3. bikrgrl

bikrgrl New Member

take a little bit of that money and do something nice for YOURSELF, you deserve it. Even if it's only a few dollars.
  4. hensue

hensue New Member

they will probaly want some of it
    I would hold on to it and check it out! Glad you got it
    Dont want to burst your bubble. That is the last thing you want to do is irs they will take everything you do have and everything you dont have.
  5. buttercakes

buttercakes New Member

I applyed 9/10. I hope mine goes as well. Im very happy for you. Sandie
  6. vannafeelbettr

vannafeelbettr New Member

I applied in early April as well and had no results yet. Hopefully, soon for me as well!!

7. BlueSky555

BlueSky555 New Member

I'm so happy that you were approved. I know exactly how you feel; I just won my case and received letter in mail 9/4 and $$$$$ on 9/9.

I surely hope the IRS doesn't come in. Someone had told me that no-one could touch your disability pay; but who knows?

I think I would hold it until you find out for sure.

Again, congratulations!

8. Hootie1

Hootie1 New Member

How nice and what a wonderful way to find out!!!! I bet that you did a happy dance!!!

We are on a winning streak lately! I hope it keeps up.