I Remember Me Documentary Film by Kim Snyder

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Gretchen12, May 7, 2006.

1. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

I ordered this in DVD and watched it this weekend. It is a powerful documentary. I highly recommend everyone suffering from this horrible disease to have their family & friends watch this film--maybe they will finally "get it" as to what we are suffering.

Let me know if any of you feel the way I do about this film.
    It made me cry, but it was so accurate & informative that it was worth the sobbing.

2. day2day

day2day Member

Where did you order it from and how much was it?

I bet it would make me cry too. My therapist bless her heart, also works with hospice patients and families and says that this is as hard on us as those in hospice.

She tells me often that she does not know how I manage between having this, being a single mom with all my sons medical issues too.

If it were not for her, I would be totally isolated most of the time.

I bet we all could write a great book about this DD, my problem is im too tired and fogged up and unfocused to stay on task.

Hugs day2day
  3. claudiaw

claudiaw New Member

Where do you get it, I have not heard of it.

Is it about CFS and FM?

4. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

It is made by a film maked who is struck suddinely with CFS. You can check out her website at wwww.irememberme.com

or the DVD is availabale on Amazon. I ordered it and it arrived in about 2 weeks.

I cried too while watching it - twice.

TAke care
  5. Gretchen12

Gretchen12 New Member

I ordered mine from Barnes & Noble, and it is also available on Amazon. It cost $29.98, but so worth every penny. She is a film maker who has been battling this disease for four years and has researched it extensively.

This is the first nationally released film about Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Here are some kudos from the New York Times "An intrepid sleuth, Ms. Snyder seems to have left no stone unturned in her search for answers."

From Roger Ebert of the Chicago Sun-Times: "Snyder is an investigative journalist who does her own detective work...A documentary which does what the Centers for Disease Control in Atlanta shamefully failed to do: connect the dots."
  6. kholmes

kholmes New Member

You can rent I REMEMBER ME from home through the online movie subscription service, Netflix. Below is the Netflix blurb on the film. You can also find a review of the film by Roger Ebert and other information on it on the Internet Movie Data Base. (Though I think people with CFS would make the best critics of it, in this case!) The documentary's focus is primarily on CFS, and it is quite good.

Kim Snyder was a filmmaker looking forward to her next project when, one day, she was overcome by what she thought was the flu -- but later found out her disease was much more debilitating. In this touching documentary, Snyder chronicles her struggles with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, an illness that's still a mystery to many doctors. Includes interviews with other famous sufferers, including director Blake Edwards and athlete Michelle Akers.
    Starring: Kim A. Snyder
    Director: Kim A. Snyder
    Genre: Documentary
    Format: Full Screen ...
    Language: English
    Subtitles: English

Not rated. This movie has not been rated by the MPAA
  7. jane32

jane32 New Member

It was very upsetting to watch and made me count my blessings after seeing that poor boy!

I was happy tp hear she recovered too after 4 yrs. I think she said.
  8. mom4three

mom4three New Member

can also buy it on Ebay for around 16.00 plus shipping.

I just purchased it:)
  9. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Got it a the local library. I started watching and wondered what this weird disease was. LOL, it turned out to be my old friend CFS.

I felt so sorry for the teenager who is bedridden. Made me cry too.
  10. erzboat

erzboat New Member

We showed this film to our Fibromyalgia Support Group and let our members borrow to take home. I agree, it is awesome way to get word out.
  11. romalaw

romalaw Member

I have it around here someplace, can't remember if it's vhs or dvd. Would be happy to send it to someone at no cost.
  12. spartanjt

spartanjt New Member

HI Romalaw - Checking back into the board for the first time in a long time & just wanted to say hello & ask how you've been feeling ?

13. ProHealth

ProHealth Member

Hi. We just wanted to let you know that we have the I Remember ME DVD on sale in our store for $10.00

We also offer the International version for $12.00

14. kat0465

kat0465 New Member

and yes Gretchen, it was worth all the tears! i plan on making my Husband & daughter watch it, although as insensitive as they are i dont know if the film will make them more understanding.

It also made me really Mad AND sad knowing there has been outbreaks since th 50's thats been reported, but the CDC did nothing even then.:(

Also,i dont know if i can put it on here where i watched it for free? if someone could let me know if thats breaking a rule i'd appreciate it. as much as i would like to own it, i can't afford it at the moment, so i ould like to share the info for anyone who would want to watch it but cant afford to buy it.
    Thanks, Kat