"I REMEMBER ME"

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Lolalee, Jul 1, 2006.

1. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

I just watched "I Remember Me". For anyone who is not familiar with this title, it is a documentary about CFS. I got it from NETFLIX. I cried and cried. I felt so bad for those people, and then it really hit me that I am one of those people.

I was especially saddened by the young man, Stephen, who attended his graduation on a stretcher. (I read recently that he is doing better now.) What saddened me was the comment that was made by one of the young men graduating with his class. The boy said something like "sorry I didn't get to know you better, but I know you are going to get well and when you do, we can be friends". It just spoke to the inability of most people to deal with those of us with a chronic illness. They don't know what to do , what to say or how to act with us.

It was also sad to watch that woman talk about her sister who had committed suicide and then when she visited the gravesite, there was a picture of her deceased sister and she was beautiful. Sad, sad, sad! God help us.

Lolalee
  2. Michelle_NZ

Michelle_NZ New Member

I also cried watching this film.... it brought the words "there but for the Grace of God go I" to my mind.

I have to remind myself sometimes that as sick as I am, there are people who are worse off than me - I am not on a stretcher, or completely bedridden getting fed through a tube in my stomach (I sobbed through this part).

And I also thought it was so sad when they showed that womans gravesite. It makes me cry just thinking about it now.

Take care everyone
    Michelle

3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

Kholmes recently did an update on Stephen from the film. It seems he's doing much better than he was in the film. Look up kholmes posts and read about it- there is hope!
  4. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

just type in I Remember Me-- it's much quicker! Terri