I resign from the board

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by paulmack, Mar 15, 2007.

1. paulmack

paulmack New Member

Only kidding,just a wee story I came across,lol.Hope you enjoy.

I am hereby officially tending my resignation as an adult.
    I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an eight year old again.
    I want to go to McDonalds and think that it is a 4 star restaurant.
    I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make ripples with rocks.
    I want to think M&M's are better than money because you can eat them!
    I want to lie under a big oak tree and make out the faces in the clouds with my friends.
    I want to return to a time when life was simple.
    When all you knew were colors, x's tables and nursery rhymes,
    But that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care.
    All You knew was to be happy because you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should
    make you worried or upset.
    I want to think the world is fair.
    That everyone is honest and good.
    I want to believe that anything and everything is possible.
    I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again.
    I want to live simple again.
    I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of ironing and depressing news,
    how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, gossip and useless doctors, illness and the loss of loved one's.
    I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams,
    the imagination,mankind, and making angels in the snow!
    So..... here's my checkbook and my car keys, my credit cards and all my responsibilities.
    I am officially resigning from adulthood.
    And if you want to discuss this further,you will have to
    catch me first, 'cause,
    "TAG!!!! YOUR IT"

2. victoria

victoria New Member

cuz I already resigned!

(At least it feels like it some days!)

3. zenouchy

zenouchy Member

How great, Paul! That reminds me of few silly things from my childhood:

1. When I played "duck-duck-goose" with all the other neighborhood kiddies

2. When I was in the 1st and 2nd grades, I would give a couple pennies to my classmates when it was their birthday.

3. Endless summer nites acting dorky doing cartwheels, handstands, etc with my sister and next store neighbor on either her or my front lawn. Our folks would have to scream at us to come inside at least five times b/c it was getting dark.

Gotta run; I think the Brady Bunch is on now....
  4. Shalala

Shalala New Member

lol ... Thanks ... I needed that
  5. elliespad

elliespad Member

Welcome to my World, I'm 49 and still haven't grown up. And don't plan to.
  6. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

I knew you weren't resigning. Where else would you find such a receptive audience for your jokes, pics and things too fierce to mention?

The only way we could get you to resign is if we hit your over the head w/ those two great Scotish musical instruments: the bagpipes and the golf club.

Hey, Paul, play us a wee tune on your niblick!

Hoots, Mon.

7. naturebaby

naturebaby New Member

Love this post, paul!!! Thanks for sharing it!!! Yup, it's hard work being an adult and even our "fun" isn't the same pure "fun" of kids....there are lots of days I'd like to quit being an adult, that's for sure!

Something I picked up from a 12 step program years ago is the concept of the "inner child" and how important it is to honour the child we were/still are inside, and to meet her needs too!

We were encouraged to carry a picture of ourselves as a child - a favourite picture, from a happy time - and to do something weekly or even daily for that child. Whether it's watching Bugs Bunny, eating a bowl of cereal, climbing a tree (for those who still can!!!), reading an Archie comic, doing a doodle-art picture....we were taught to find small ways to honour our child and remember her. And also, to comfort the child within when things are bad.

I don't know if this makes any sense the way I've tried to explain it, but for those who find life is getting them down, it's something to try that might help...and heck, it's fun, too!

cheers, nature
  8. Granniluvsu

Granniluvsu Well-Known Member

I already did that a long time ago. Also, I am like my dad to in many ways. The first thing he would grab when the newspapers came wa the funny papers (comics) !! That is also what I do too. I have had enough of sex, violence, etc. I have to read my comics !!!

BTW, I had already seen what you posted but it is a great one. Thanks for sharing !!

Hugs to all,

Granni (Marilyn)
    [This Message was Edited on 03/18/2007]
  9. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

YOU are a nut.