I respectfully request....

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by BILLCAMO, Aug 19, 2004.

1. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

prayers for my 15 yr. old "non-biological" son. He was involved in a Karate accident & got kicked on the side of his head. He is probably OK , but prayers can't hurt.

At minimum , he has a concussion(sp). There is more to this story , but the main concern is my son. Thanks!!!

Blessings , b/c.
  2. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

I'm sorry to hear that your son was in a Karate accident, I will certainly be praying for him.

Blessings, Judy
  3. grge

grge New Member

I pray in the name of Jesus that your son completely recovers from his injuries I pray that whatever the situation might be that God will intervene and heal not only this precious child but that He will also heal the circumstances.

Georgia
    [This Message was Edited on 08/20/2004]
  4. NewEnglander

NewEnglander New Member

I use to take a Karate class with my sister and she got kicked in the arm and it broke. I whole class heard the snap. but that was a freak thing. I would rather have my son in Karate then football

I will pray for him Bill

luv lisa
  5. ksp56

ksp56 Member

that your son recovers rapidly and, without any further problems.

God Bless you and yours, Bill.

Kim
  6. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

Any update? how is your son doing? I am adding him to my prayers, I worked with head injury clients for many years, not something I wish on any one, so am praying all is well with your son.
    Linda.
  7. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

Thank you for your prayers!!!!!!!!

He has a severe concussion but seems to have come through the 1st critical night OK... I know all of your prayers helped!!!!!!

I was the one to convince my "EX" to let him participate in Karate. It has been & , I believe , will be good for him. My "EX" did not let me know he had been injured until after she brought him home from the hospital.

I was supposed to get him this weekend but I don't now since it is better for him to rest at home. I agree.

I did go & see him today & he is having some memory problems. ( I don't know about you , but I can relate to that...).

My "EX" said that she was thinking of pulling him out of Karate.... I quietly made the suggestion that maybe wrapping him in bubble wrap may protect him a little , but he wouldn't be able to breathe through the plastic.

No matter how this situation turns out , I believe I've already helped him win the biggest battle in his life. His biological mom used drugs & alcohol while she was pregnant with him. Among other things , he was very hyper when he was younger. My "ex" wanted to put him on drugs to calm him down.

I felt that drugs caused his problems & wouldn't help him in the right way. I won that fight & now he can be himself w/o artificial help. He does very good in school , has amazing artistic ability ( drawing ) & has calmed down substatially(sp). Sorry , I'm running out of gas.

Blessings , b/c.

8. dash

dash New Member

I will be praying that your son has a speedy and uncomplicated recovery and that you and your ex can come to an accord on continuing karate when he's healed.

God Bless,
    Della

9. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Concussions are scary. I`m glad your step-son is doing better. I friends of mine`s son has had 5 of them already. One more and he can`t play football.

You can also see a personality change sometimes after a concussion. It sounds like he is on the mend, just keep an eye out for any changes you notice in the boy.

I will be praying that everything turns out ok.

Sandy
  10. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

1st... Thanks to all of you for your prayers & comments!!

Life is seldom boring....

I just received a phone call from my ex...

She forgot to tell me that the catscan they did for my son showed a mass they think is a cyst.. He goes in thurs. for a MRI to see if that will let them get a better idea of what's going on...

So all I can ask for is a few more prayers for my son. Perhaps the Lord allowed him to be kicked in the head so an unknown problem could be discovered...

All I can do is pray to our Lord & hope that my son will be OK.... I have to put my trust in the Lord & hope that His will includes my son will be given the chance to do all the good things on this earth that I know he is capable of doing... But I know , whatever happens , His will shall be done...

Blessings , b/c.
    Edit /ps....As always... all here are included in my prayers...[This Message was Edited on 08/24/2004]
  11. Yesh

Yesh New Member

I will be praying about the cyst on your son's brain. When my son was in the hospital in Dec. he had a cat-scan of his brain which revealed a cyst on his brain. My son's doctors thought the cyst would disolve by its self.

God Bless

Yesh
  12. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

Thank you for the possibilty you presented!!!

I feel so helpless in the fact ...All I can do is pray & hope it is a cyst & will go away. But , at least , this is a possibility that I wasn't aware of before your reply...

Blessings , b/c.
  13. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

It appears possible that the ER'S Dr. "misread" the catscan.

The MRI Dr. determined it was was minute calcium deposit... nothing to worry about!!!!!!!!

WHEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you again for your prayers!!!!!!!

Blessings , b/c.