I said something really mean to my Uncle

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mrstyedawg, May 12, 2006.

1. mrstyedawg

mrstyedawg Member

I have had CFS for 22 years. It seem that noone and I mean noone gets it. About 6 years ago I went through a divorce. My ex was never faithful to me.

I was talking to my uncle about this and he tells me that since I divorced my ex, my CFS was probably better. I got livid. Just another one who thinks it is caused by depression.

So the mean thing that I said back to him was "yeah and if you divorce your wife, maybe you epilespy will go away." I know better than this, I just wanted him to see how it makes you feel that people do not take your illness seriously and thinks it is depression.

Then my male cousin came to visit and I was having a bad flare, totally exhausted. I told him I was tired, he said oh there's nothing wrong with you, you don't look bad (I looked like death) so I told him look at me with EYES of love and you will see how bad I look.
  2. elliespad

elliespad Member

I think both of your responses were brilliant. And I may use them myself when the situation presents, that's how much I liked them.
  3. mariee

mariee Member

I totally understand how this happens.
    Sometimes I feel like, "Where did that witch in my kitchen come from...and it is ME!
    The only thing I can do is clean up my mess. I hate apologizing, and this keeps my sharp tongue in place.
    No one gets this illness, unless they have it.
    Don't be too hard on yourself. Just the fact that you are posting this, says you probably don't spout out often.
    Wishing you good days.
    Marie