I saw a rheumy

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by hatbox121, Aug 2, 2008.

1. hatbox121

hatbox121 New Member

Nothing new on the fibro. She just wrote my another script for my cymbalta. She did say however that I have osteoarthritis of my shoulder, hand, wrist, and sternum. Yeah. Sternum. So now I have fibro, OA, prolapsed uterus, osteopenia, disc degenerative disease, SI joint dysfunction, narrowing of the spine, 2 bulging discs, 4 broken ribs, and I think I'm getting kidney stones again. Great. The first thing this woman asked me was "And how old are you?". Only 27. ARRGH. But at least swapping to the Cymbalta got rid of my spaciness the Lyrica gave me. And my hands stopped tingling. My knee has decreased reflex response and my lower leg is numb now.
  2. CKater

CKater New Member

Sorry to hear all of this, you are so young. But the rheumy sounds like he/she is willing to help you. OA at such a young age is hard. I hope with the docs help you'll be able to manage all of this. Do you see a therapist to help you cope? Good luck dear.
  3. JohnThreeSixteen

JohnThreeSixteen New Member

Did she look at xrays? Or did she just know?
  4. hatbox121

hatbox121 New Member

Since Jan. I've had many xrays, some ct scans, 2 bone scans, a DEXA scan, 4 MRIs, many injections and 2RF procedures. So it was a combo of my bone scan results plus looking and manipulating. I've seen a physical therapist but he didn't help. Just told me to do some "straining" type thing to strengthen my abs which could be contributing to a sway in my lower back. My son was about 6 mo old at the time and he thought from the pregnancy stretching my ab muscles out it would contribute. The only thing with that was my OB/GYN doesn't recommend straining since it could cause my prolapse to worsen.