I seen this was already posted, but.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mamazbutterflyz, Mar 5, 2003.

1. mamazbutterflyz

mamazbutterflyz New Member

I am only 24 years old. Recently diagnosed with FM and it is all I can do to get around. =( I can't cook, clean, take care of the kiddos, make love to hubby or even just play on the floor with the kids. I am so mad, very. I go to doc again tomorrow and I am going to ask him about SSDI and possibly some type of scooter. I feel like I am crazy because I hurt so bad. Am I? I too want to use the electric scooters in the grocery stores. But I am too very embarrassed. I can't push the *normal* carts around once it starts getting full. I went the other day with the kids to pick up only a few things, (Huh, I *thought* I could do it) it was all I could do to push my kids in the cart. One is only 16 months old and the other is four years old. The four year old wanted inside the cart, I had to make him walk because I couldnt lift him! =( whhhhaaaa. Argh, I just dont know. Is it too *early* for walking devices?
  2. Bellesmom

Bellesmom New Member

walking device or the cart at the store. Can anyone watch the kids so you can try the cart alone the first couple of times?

I am afraid to use it for fear I'll make a fool of myself and run into someone but other than that, unless a miracle happens I am going to have to do something other than leaning on my cart.

All I can say is do what's right for you - you need to save energy however you can right now to get thru each day. Maybe take a friend with to take off some of the pressure the first time. Just trying to come up with a scenario you can live with and still experience a little bit of life.

Hang in there - I do hope you can find medical help to take off a little of the weight of this thing. It can seem so overwhelming when everything is hitting you right in the face.

Love
    Pam