I set a goal for housework

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Empower, Sep 25, 2006.

1. Empower

Empower New Member

We moved into a house 6 months ago, and I am just now getting into the spring cleaning

The outside trim on the windows is so dirty. I have thirteen windows.

I decided to try and clean 1 or 2 a week. Today, I did one and my shoulders and neck are killing me!!! I need to rest

This is so ridiculous, huh????
  2. museinhighlands

museinhighlands New Member

Not ridiculous at all!!

This fall I'll be doing the spring cleaning for 2003!

(I need to do one piece-meal thing at a time also) :)
  3. kjfms

kjfms Member

well you both are doing better than me I still haven't finished my spring cleaning from 2001 and I am not kidding!!!

I do the regular stuff but OMG there is so many things that have piled up--I just get overwhelmed at times...sigh

I am getting better though--it doesn't help when both of us have a little bit of a pack rat in us...LOL

Good for you and I hope your shoulders and neck feel better soon. It sounds like a good plan.

Thanks,

Karen :)
  4. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

What is Spring cleaning......

Another new term on the board?????

Love, June
  5. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

but that's life with FMS. How long did it take you? Make sure you take breaks when cleaning-it really helps. Or can you find someone else to do this job? I know-it's hard to get husbands to do things sometimes. What kind of cleaning equipment do you have? I know that I cannot stand on ladders very long or my legs and hips will really hurt. I do make sure to wear my tennis shoes when standing on a ladder-it helps me to wear comfortable, padded shoes.

Good luck with your project.

Ellen
  6. NightAngel

NightAngel New Member

June,

Spring cleaning is where you do deep cleaning of your home sometime in the spring. Wash windows, wash out oven, refrigerator, sometimes wash the outside of the house, clean gutters, clean out closets, clean out dressers, throw or donate stuff no longer needed, etc.
  7. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

Hey, I did 2 doors and one dining room window in the past 2 weeks and I am still rubbing the knots in my neck. I agree it is hard just to keep up with the daily cleaning. I run out of time and energy just doing the obivious stuff.

I am looking at my floor right now thinking I need to vacuum but hey, I got the dishes in the dishwasher this morning!!!

It is truely part of life in Fibroland! Ain't it grand??
  8. sascha

sascha Member

i love it-
    no spring cleaning since 2003
    no spring cleaning since 2001
    what is spring cleaning- a new CFIDS/FM term???

this sequence is priceless; a sad commentary, i know. but i couldn't help but laugh.

i recently was feeling so down because of all the things i couldn't get at, and i heard of CIFDS person who had three years worth of unopened mail in the next room. made me feel more kindly toward myself.

i came up with the Rule of Four some time ago, although sometimes i can't do even that much. it is that i do four things, like hanging up four items clothing, then i get to rest for a while. then i do four more small things, like washing four dishes- then rest again, or read for a time. it helps me at times doing things this way. then if i manage FIVE things, it's a bonus and i feel so proud of myself(pat myself on the back and do a cheer (really)).

sascha
  9. carebelle

carebelle New Member

you might call a church and see if you can get some young people to help you .Do not hurt yourself save your energy for good things .Nothing is as important as taking care of yourself.
    Young people enjoy helping out people who need it and maybe a small donation to their youth fund would help them .
  10. Empower

Empower New Member

Thanks all of you wonderful, sore, people!
  11. IntuneJune

IntuneJune New Member

Geezzz, I hope this does not exacerbate into Fall cleaning!

:)

June