I shouldn't complain...things are bad all over and I KNOW that...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by painterZ, Jun 28, 2008.

1. painterZ

painterZ New Member

maybe I should post this on the depression board. I'm sliding quickly. Even my therapist is "frustrated", although I'd call it outright angry. I just took an unplanned overnight trip to the beach (3hrs away) alone. I don't do things like that...I'm terrified of leaving home. I made sure my pets were cared for, set up reservsations on-line, packed and within an hour I was gone. It was a great break to smell that salt air and stick my feet in the waves, not to mention having the heated pool all to myself at 1am, but I'm back and feeling worse than ever. I just feel bad and don't know what to say or do to help myself.
  2. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I think the negative ions in the air and stuff by the beach are great mood boosters ditto for waterfalls.

Are you just feeling in a rut, that each day is the same old?
    Or are you sad about something? This dd gets us all down, it is like trying to escape something and never getting away from it I guess.

Your therapist has no right to be annoyed with you-he/she is getting paid to serve you not their own self smugness.

I am off to bed now, but I would have loved to come along with you. I am really missing living by the ocean, and I would love to have the courage to do what you did all alone. I get lost easily. Pity you don't live near me, I would sure go with you next time and stay longer! (Book into a pet motel).

Hugz to you, Annie
  3. painterZ

painterZ New Member

for all of your words of support and the hugs too :) Very early Sunday morning I felt so bad and the only thing I could think of to contain things was to make a cold wet sheet pack. Now that's from WAAYYY back in the day, but it helped...actually put me to sleep. Now if I could only keep that feeling I'd be great.

My daughter went off to camp today for a week. I'll miss the little bugger. This year she is able to do more fun things like kayak but it also increases the danger. I know the Girl Scout leaders will watch them but still... God knows she'll come home singing those annoying camp songs over and over and over again.

Anyway, I'm doing slightly better right now, and just wanted to say "thanks" once more.

4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

try buying a small mister bottle and fill it with ice water and spray yourself with it...the police on patrol do this. It may have the wet sheet affect!!!

Love Annie glad you are doing a little better.