I somehow managed to go out last night.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by megchampagne, May 13, 2006.

1. megchampagne

megchampagne New Member

I don't know how I did it.

My husband's band played at a really cool venue here in New Orleans, and I haven't "gone out" in months. So after physical therapy (which exhausts me) I went home, showered, got dolled up (which totally re-energized me) and helped him get ready for the show.

Now, I broke a lot of rules. 1st off, I wore heels. I'm talkin' HEELS. 2nd off, I downed Newcastle upon Newcastle -- a no-no since I'm taking at least two meds that make you a little drowsy in the first place. 3rd off, I smoked a few ciggies, since I'm the type who needs to smoke whilst drinking.

The bar was fun, but loud, so of course I had to raise my voice when talking to someone. Had to walk awkwardly to get through the crowd. You can imagine for yourself the other flare-inducing things one does over the course of an evening out on the town.

But you know what? I felt fine all night! It might have been the liquor, or the fact that my guy won $400 playing video poker (he only put in $5). Of course, when I woke up this morning, I felt horrible. I can hardly move right now. But you know what, it was TOTALLY worth it, for my mental health's sake!

So why am I telling you all this? I think it's cuz for the past few months I've just been telling myself "I feel bad and need to stay home and rest"... But you know, going out and having fun and FORGETTING ABOUT IT feels SO GOOD! I hope this cheers a lot of people up and inspires you to go out with some friends or go out to a nice dinner with your loved ones or something. Hey, a sporting event isn't a bad idea since you can take a cushion for the seat, get up, sit down, walk around, etc. H'm...

(I know. I'm oddly inspiring. This is why I could never be a motivational speaker.) ;D

EDIT: It's probably not a good idea to go out every night if that's what you think I'm getting at. I'm not saying "go out and get liquored up to forget your pain" -- Heck no! That's bad. I'm just suggesting splurging every once in a while, maybe every couple of weeks or so, or even once a month. Whatever you can handle!
    [This Message was Edited on 05/13/2006]
  2. Jeanne-in-Canada

Jeanne-in-Canada New Member

good for you that you did too. Doesn't it feel good to get dolled up too?!

Jeanne
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

not gonna preach on the taboos of things we shouldn't do...cause i still am smoking...i quit off and on.. then think i don't need to smoke..bla blah blah

is new castle a beer? i haven't been drinkign much lately...and not married to my my ex who still works in bars at night...so we would get lots of freebies...

oh the shoe's well i have been told i am banned from them...but if i can push it i will...i have all shoes colors you could think of... and one new year's eve,,,i was wearing my 6 inch platforms...they acutually have great cushion in the soles......i told my friend i have to get out of my hooker shoes...and put my stripper shoes on...she said what is the difference...i showed...i brought my back up pair...

jodie
  4. megchampagne

megchampagne New Member

It's really too bad we can't all get together and go out one night! Hehehe...
  5. erfula1

erfula1 New Member

I love to go out with friends. It is painful the next day but it is so worth it to feel alive and human again.
  6. bigmama2

bigmama2 New Member

It is so good to get out there and enjoy yourself and forget about all this "crap".