***I spent most of the afternoon today at the ER** :(

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, May 31, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

I didn't feel very good today when I went to work, but I wasn't "sick" though either. So I trudged through my 4 hour shift. I was getting ready to leave and went to the bathroom. My face was all red and when I sat down I thought I was going to pass out. I hurried & finished and went outside where there were still some people there. I told one of them I felt horrible and by then I had gotten the shakes and was almost crying.

My friends got me to sit down, gave me an ice pack for my neck and got me some ice water.

One of them volunteered to drive me home which I said fine, but I had to make a quick stop at the home office to drop off the money & my end of the month reports.

He took me home & his sis followed him in his car. They really wanted take me to the ER. I told them I would call my drs ofice.

I called my drs office & spoke to a very nice nurse who asked me a zillion questions and when she was done she said I needed to go to the ER and not to drive. I finally found a ride and got there and my husband got there about a haf hour I did.

They hooked me up to the EKG, and I talked to the dr for a bit, then I had to wait for the blood girl to come and then someone was suppoose to come back & get me so I could pee in a cup--finally we found a nurse walking by who helped me with that.

Finally the doctor came back in and said all the test results were fine & I could go home. He called what I had "A near fainting episode"

They gave me a printed thing about Generalized Weakness that said it can be caused my infections--like the flu or mono, certain diseases such as MS, or stroke. Even depression can cause weakness.

If I have a fever, new syptoms or worsening of my symptoms I am to go back to the ER.

I have an appt with my reg dr next wednesday

Dr. said to drink lots of fluids tonight
    and that I can work tomrrow if I feel up to it.~~so we will see.

This day was very scary & stressful and I hope I do not have another day like this one was.

***my drs. office said to have my heart checked out at the ER--since symptoms of a heart attack in a woman can be different than a man***[This Message was Edited on 06/01/2012]
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Please do whatever you need to do to take care of yourself. Let us know what the doc has to say. Good luck.

Love, Mikie