I started green tea supplements..anyone else???

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by voiceteacher, Feb 23, 2006.

1. voiceteacher

voiceteacher New Member

I just started green tea supplements today and I was wondering if anyone else had decided to take them. After reading everything here I asked and researched about them and found some good info. The supplements (if you read the label) can have LESS caffeine than the actual tea...and if you don't like the taste of the tea that can be great.

Also you can take UP TO so many in a day, but can take less...and that always makes me feel good, I get nervous when you have to take lots of something. Mine I can take one in the AM and one in the PM, just like my regular meds.

The only new thing for me today was that I had a little "buzzing" in my face, not overly bothersome, but interesting and I will watch it in the next couple of days to see if it is fibro (it has been before) or not. AND I wasn't hungry for dinner...I just had a granola bar which is like a whole new thing for me.

I will keep you all posted, and if anyone else is trying supplements or actual tea I would surely love to hear from you about positive things, side effects, or anything else you have to report!

Best of luck and hugs to all.
    Voice

P.S. In case anyone read my earlier post, I decided to try the green tea FIRST and if that doesn't work for weight loss and a little pain relief then maybe the effexor after that...I am NOT taking both, I know that is not ok. No need to worry I have checked all drugs and supplements with pharmacist! :)
  2. voiceteacher

voiceteacher New Member

My appetite diminished by at least HALF overnight. This is amazing because the drugs that I take for epilepsy make me really hungry and they also make my metabolism REALLY low hence my high weight. I wasn't even hungry for breakfast this morning, though I did eat something since I didn't have dinner. I am excited to see how it goes.

If anyone is drinking the tea I would like to know how that is going too! Additionally that buzzing feeling in my face is gone...it must have been a fibro thing!

Have a great day all, and check in to let us know how you are.

Voice
  3. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

i started the green tea capsules from walmart on tuesday.
    i also drink the green tea.....i make it and add lemon juice and sweeten it and it taste so good, almost like good ice cold lemonade..i just make up a batch of tea, and drink it all day long..
    i am hoping something comes out of it.
    shirley
  4. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

I got some green tea caps yesterday after reading your posts here!

I got 2 bottles one for me and one for hubby. Since it said take with food I figured he could put it in his lunch bag and take 2 at work. Well he forgot to take them with him today rofl oh well.

I took some when we got home last night from shopping about 9pm as CSI was just coming on.

ERMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm WORD OF ADVICE...........

Read the small print on it! ROFLMAO it says it can cause frequent urination and omg it sure did! About 11 pm I had to potty either every 20 mins, 30 mins or 45 mins there after ALL NIGHT!

I am still going potty since I did not sleep well so although I got 9 hours of "rest" it was not sleep cause I had to keep going potty! lol

SO good luck with these I will still take them and just watch "when" I take them so that I am not over doing before bed time! lol

Glad to hear it is helping your cravings man hubby and I are craving sweets all the time!

I did something I never do.......... took a walk around the block today, we have big blocks and was gone for 15 mins. Must be the caffine in the caps but it felt nice and will go tomorrow too. I hope lol.

Smooooootchies all happy weekend! Brenda
  5. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

going to bathroom.....that happened to me last night, and i did not know it was them. i just figured i was loosing all that water, cause it was stored in me....that is another plus for the pills..
  6. voiceteacher

voiceteacher New Member

I am STILL not hungry this afternoon, I am amazed!!! Please be sure to check your pills. I was told by my pharmacist that natural green tea DOES have caffeine, and I noticed either here or in another post that someone said theirs didn't have any. Not sure if that means something about the tea was processed or what.

Keep me posted!!!
  7. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

I bought the green tea tablets today. The bottle says one tab is for the day. I noticed that some people are taking two. Can people take to much of this. I also drink it, should I stick with one or the other? I do notice that I go to the bathroom all the time also. I usually drink tea all day and I have been using green tea.
  8. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

some bottles say to take 1 some say take 2 what is the milligrams contained in each tablet? From there figure out what to do first.

Ok I am not peeing as much anymore today so htis is good but I am dying of thirst now, even though I have not cut back drinking anything.

Currently I am hooked on Chocolate soy milk. I used to get strawberry or banana soy at home in canada but can't find it in the usa. Oh well.......

Anyhow thing is it is loaded in carbs but then again so is reg milk. I just can't get enough of the stuff I am drinking 2 liters nearly everyday the last few days.

well anyhow it is late shan't start babbling.

HOWEVER think it is interesting that there are 2 topics on green tea. Go read the other one too it has good info and you may want to ask your mg question there too.

MY green tea tabs DO have caffine in them so if you are sensitive watch them and read the ingrediance before you buy them.

However they are cheap and if they work wowowow that makes me excited. But other then an antioxident what are they supposed to work for?

Ahahha ok ttfn hage a good weekend!
  9. Agent146

Agent146 New Member

Have you tried the thermo drink that is produced by Herbalife.It has green tea as well as something to give you energy and speed up your metabolsm
  10. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

Hi the mg's are 100 and it says take one a day. Do you think I could take two? Will this mess with any of my meds that I am on?
  11. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

hiya all think this is funny that on the same day 2 posts concerning green tea came up.

I went out and got some tabs the day I saw this come up. I had beeen just as curious about it! lol

The first night I took it too danged late! I pee'd for every 20 mins or 30 mins or 45 mins every hour OR all three every hour for the firstr at least 18 hours! ROFL It was crazy!

Then yesterday, sat we went to the candy store where they make chocolate and hubby and I both walked right back out! It had no appeal! Can you believe that? I can't!

Still baffling!

ttfn Brenda

This is what I posted on the other green tea link so that it got bumped...........

Sojerns I would recommend that if you are concerned about your other meds call your pharmacist as no one here would be qualified to direct you in how this would affect your meds. They also can safely tell you how much to take.

I have enjoyed seeing what others have had listed for what green tea caps have done for them I look forward to seeing more.

Smoooooooootchies all! Brenda
  12. hoodnanny

hoodnanny New Member

my green tea is mega-t....each caplet contains 600mg..i have not found any problem with them..the caffeine in it is 50mg natural caffeine..i have had no rush with the pills...i just want them to work.
  13. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

I totally noticed that this stuff is decreasing my appetite. I'm so excited.
  14. Jane_Canuck

Jane_Canuck New Member

Hooray that is great! I noticed sort of that too, I am not hungary for always the same things as I was previously.

However yesterday was the grandsons b-day party and as soon as a piece of cake with icing hit my lips I was gonzo on carbs wanting them the rest of the day!

BUT as soon as I got some more soy milk in me I noticed that changed rather quickly too.

I am drinking nearly 1 2 liter container of soy milk a day now and it is doing me wonders. I know it is not for everyone but and will post a seperate blog on that in a few mins.

Glad to hear you are doing ok Sojerns!

Happy Monday Brenda
  15. sjogrens

sjogrens New Member

I just noticed that I had read my bottle wrong and the mg's are 1000 not 100 and take one a day. I know that is a big difference. No wonder I'm not hungry.