I started Milk Thistle today......

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kadywill, Sep 5, 2002.

1. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Any advice about what I should expect while my liver is being detoxified?????
    Thanks!!
    Kady
  2. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Any advice about what I should expect while my liver is being detoxified?????
    Thanks!!
    Kady
  3. JannyW

JannyW New Member

You may feel like you're getting the flu ... that's the toxins leaving your system. Give it about 10 days or so (max) and you should be okay.

Jan ^v^
  4. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I feel like I have the flu MOST of the time already....I dread this, but I know it's necessary to try to get my SGOT, SGPT and GGT better................
    YUCK!
    Thanks for the reply! I'll let you know!
    Kady
  5. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

I received mine in the mail today. Taken one so far. The instructions are 1-4 per day. How many are you going to take? I was thinking maybe 2/day? But I'm not really should how much I should take. I had no idea about the flu thing though. Yuck. Oh well, it'll be worth it.

Regina
  6. kadywill

kadywill New Member

I've taken two today....I think I'll take three each day. I need to REALLY do this and if I'm gonna feel fluish, I'd just as soon do it and get better ASAP. Let me know how you do and we'll compare notes!
    Love,
    Kady
  7. Coping

Coping New Member

taking Milk Thistle last week. The only thing I can say is that it seems my medications are working better than they use to. I was going to post a topic regarding this. I am wondering if it is the milk thistle or the magnesium that is helping.
    hmmmmmmmmmm

Tricia
  8. herblady

herblady New Member

i'm so glad you're taking it. yes you should feel kind of bad for a few days while the toxins flood your bloodstream to be eliminated. but it will pass. medications WILL work better after you've taken milk thistle for a while. it's your liver that processes them. if it's healthier it will work more efficiently. cindi
  9. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Hey guys,
    I've been on three milk thistle a day now for 4 days now and I don't feel a bit worse than I usually do!!! lol
    My MD hadta look up this herb while I was in his office Friday and he said that it and the Black Cohosh I'm taking for my night sweats MAY help......oh well, he is JUST a doctor and he wasn't trained in this!
    Thank you for all your support and advice!
    Love,
    Kady
  10. LuvMeCritters

LuvMeCritters New Member

I'm not feeling any different either. I had an appt w/pain doc on Friday and mentioned that I had started Milk Thistle. He really didn't have any opinion other than he knew there was some research being done on it. I'm anxious to hear what my rheumy has to say when I see her. Oh, I did tell him the instructions stated 1-4 caps/day, and he said he thought 2 would be good to start. So, since that's what I've been doing, I will stay w/2/day, unless I hear different from my rheumy, or someone on here that's an experienced Mild Thistle user. :)

I bought 2 bottles. One for me, one for hubby. I'm trying to impress upon him how important it is for him to take them. He's on vicodin/soma/klonopin. I said you don't want to end up on a dialysis machine, do you!? Sadly...the bottle sits unopened. I think I'll search the net for some articles on how meds can ruin your liver and let him read it. Maybe that will change his mind.

Love to All,

Regina