I started Physical Therapy last week

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Duffsangel, Nov 26, 2002.

1. Duffsangel

Duffsangel New Member

I am going for my back pain. It really seems to be helping. The first visit, I left in tears. But hours later I realized my back didn't hurt that much! SO far I have had 3 visits. I get 12. They are working on strengthing my back muscles by doing simple exercises. I also get those great hot pads to lay on and relax! Just thought I would let everyone what was happening with me.
    I hope you all have a great holiday! Unfortunatley, I think I have bronchitis now! Everyone at work has been sick...guess it is my turn. What a sucky way to spend 4 days off!! Happy Turkey Day!
    Duff
  2. Duffsangel

Duffsangel New Member

I am going for my back pain. It really seems to be helping. The first visit, I left in tears. But hours later I realized my back didn't hurt that much! SO far I have had 3 visits. I get 12. They are working on strengthing my back muscles by doing simple exercises. I also get those great hot pads to lay on and relax! Just thought I would let everyone what was happening with me.
    I hope you all have a great holiday! Unfortunatley, I think I have bronchitis now! Everyone at work has been sick...guess it is my turn. What a sucky way to spend 4 days off!! Happy Turkey Day!
    Duff
  3. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

I think physical therapy can really help. I had to go to 3 different therapists before I found one who was fibro-friendly. When she showed me exercises, she also showed me pictures of that part of the body and how the exercise would help. She was so good and she also gave me pictures of the exercises so I could do them at home. I haven't had to go back yet. Congratulations!
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

PT has been my salvation when it comes to keeping my strength and flexibility. Even when I was bedridden, I could manage the stretches and flexing. This keeps the muscles in good shape. When we quit moving is when we get in trouble. Keep at it.

Love, Mikie