I started taking Digestive Advantage for severe

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by donna275, Aug 23, 2006.

1. donna275

donna275 New Member

bloating and reflux. Anyway, anyone taking a probiotic and feeling nauseous? I have been taking it about 7 days now.

I rarely feel nauseous. In the back of my head, I am scared of pregnancy. I am 44 years old and would absolutely die if I was pregnant. I need to think rationally, however, because I have an IUD and the risk of pregnancy is very very low, but I still think there is a chance. I shouldn't tear myself up with worry, but it is my nature.

Any thoughts or experiences?

Donna
  2. morningsonshine

morningsonshine New Member

When i was taking Jarro-dopulis (probiotic) it made me nauseous.
    I complained and worried about feeling pregnant also.

I whiched to a different brand and it helped.

Hope that helps.

I know how scared i felt when i thought i was pregnant!

Goodluck!

Misty
  3. gongee

gongee New Member

I took Digestive Advantage for Irritable Bowel Syndrome and actually thought I had found the answer to that part of my problem. Within a few days, I started feeling better and better. No nausea, no bloating, no cramping.

After a few months of feeling better, everything started back. Now I am on prescription Protonix twice a day.

Hope it will continue working for you. I do believe it is a good product and no side effects for me.

Sheila
  4. morningsonshine

bumping for donna to read!
  5. donna275

donna275 New Member

Today, I am not feeling too bad. Isn't pregnancy scare terrible? That was one fear I lived with for soooo long before I found a good contraceptive other than the pill or condom.

Thank you for bumping for me and replying.

Donna
  6. littleleafhopper

littleleafhopper New Member

I've had trouble with the probiotics also. I'm currently investigating reflux. They (The docs) disagree on whats actually going on.

It's a long story, but to cut it short, I'm going in to have the Bravo System ph monitor done on Tuesday. We should find out if it's refluux for sure this time.

I really think that it's Candida, but it's hard to make that argument to the powers that be, if you know what I mean. However, Diflucan will be my next step if my test comes back normal.

If your digestive system is a mess it's really hard to make progress with treatments!

Good luck finding a solution! I'll let you know what comes out of my search for some relief.

Yours, Littleleafhopper
  7. morningsonshine

Hi again,

I would be really curious at what good contraceptive you found?
    I won't use the pill, afraid it will mess me up even more in the hormone department.

We use those nasty condom things, but i've had two preg. scares this last year.
    It's not the actual baby i would mind, it's going thur the whole progress, and delivery thing that i find terrifying

I do not feel strong enough or healthy enough to go thur it, plus had some trouble with my last one.

So if you found something better, would love to know about it?

Hope you figure out whats making you feel nauseous.

Misty
  8. donna275

donna275 New Member

I use an IUD with copper. It does not have hormones in it like some do. It was the best thing that I did. It has not bothered me at all and you can leave it in for 10 years. I am on my fifth year now. I should have got my tubes tied, but I chickened out because of my fear of using general anesthesia. You should think about it, it is great. (I could never do the hormone contraception either).

My nausea has not come back today. I am not pregnant, got my period today. I would take the probiotic at 8:30 a.m. and it was around 10:00 a.m. that I would start to feel sick to my stomach. Maybe it was just because I was due to get my period soon? Heck, I don't know.

Donna
  9. morningsonshine

Seriously, i would try a different brand of probriotic, seemed to help me out.

I'm using the one called pearl, from the health store here, but saw them in walmart for less!

Also i use one that's a little more expensive, it's a powder form you can mix in with other food, it's actually for kids,

But really helps me to be regular, it's a blend of probiotics, and seems to be very gentle on me and helpful.

Bifidobacterium infantis, someone told me this strain helps with regularity, and this brand has it.

It's Nature's way Primadophilus children.

Good luck, and thanks for the info. I have heard of that copper IUD but wasn't sure if it was safe.

IUD's had a really bad name for a long time, but your the second person to mention this to me. I think i'll take it seriouly and ask my Dr.

P.s. glad you started your period, hope you feel better, i think sometime our homones are just so messed up.

Misty
    [This Message was Edited on 08/25/2006]