I started the Guai Protocol yesterday

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Natedagw821, May 17, 2008.

1. Natedagw821

Natedagw821 New Member

I really hope this makes a difference in my life. I am taking 3 400mg tablets of Guai a day. Today is my second day on it and already my shoulders are starting to hurt more.

I'm curiuos though: Will this treatment give me my life back? Will I be able to do things that I haven't done in six years?

Does it really "reverse" the disease?

I appreciate your comments!

2. Lindaanne

Lindaanne New Member

Hi Nathan.
    Did you give up all the sals first? Everything toothpaste, soap etc? Did you read the book too? I've been following it since Sept 07 see a big change. You should be taking 2 Long acting Guia 2x a day and I use the fast acting 600 every four hrs. You sound like your using the short acting one.
  3. Dlebbole

Dlebbole New Member

I really think there is something to the guai protocol. I'm not sure how it fits in with the methylation cycle block stuff, but I tried it for a while and it definitely sent me into a period of worse symptoms, with periods of feeling better than I had felt in a long time. Research it well and hold on! It can be rough but it's helped many. Best of luck DE
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Sounds as though the Guai is starting to work for you. If the Guai flares are too painful, you can reduce the dose to twice a day.

I consider my symptoms of FMS reversed. I started the Guai seven years ago. After about the first year, I no longer needed to take Morphine for pain on a regular basis. I had some good days right in the beginning and my Fibro Fog went away as soon as I started the Guai.

We all reverse differently and there are no guarantees that you will be totally symptom free and able to resume your life where you left off. Still, you will likely feel much, much better and who knows, you may reverse 100 percent.

The reason I'm not well is because I also have CFIDS/ME. I am getting better and now that I don't have to worry about the FMS, I can concentrate on healing the CFIDS/ME.

I still get very painful flares if I injure myself, get sick, or get run down but it doesn't take much for me to bounce right back.

Best of luck to you.

Love, Mikie
  5. Natedagw821

Natedagw821 New Member

Well, just to give you all an update:

I have been on the protocol for about a month. I am up to 2400mgs a day. I am using the Cleure brand of the Guafenisin. I have avoided all salicylates and I feel great. I have heard that 5% of patients who are on the protocol do NOT experience a worsening of symptoms. I guess I'm within that 5%. I feel pretty good so far. I am exercising and taking walks and I have a lot more energy. Also, I feel a lot more at peace.

I do have a question though: I have avoided all salicylates but what about razors? I use the mach 3 razors and what I do is I take a knife and I shave off the blue aloe strip. There is only a white layer underneath. Is this good enough, or should I go to non-aloe razors?

Where can I buy razors that dont have the aloe strip? What brand?

6. Lindaanne

Lindaanne New Member

Taking the blue strip out is good enough. Make sure you get both layers. Just don't touch it with your bare hands. I know the two worst culprits are aloe and mint.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/16/2008]
  7. Bluebottle

Bluebottle New Member

Pull the aloe strips off with tweezers to get the whole thing off at once.

Are you taking the new slow release Cleure Solo Guai? I think it's absolutely brilliant, it doesn't have the blue dye that Mucinex has that irritated my bladder.

Any Guai you take on top of 1,200mg slow release can be the cheaper fast acting type such as the 400mg sold here.Good luck!
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

In your first post, you said your shoulders are hurting more but in this post you say that you are in the 5 percent whose symptoms do not worsen. In the first post, you said you were taking 400 mgs. three times a day. Have you doubled that since your first post? Just curious because we all respond differently to the treatment. If one had worse pain after 1200 mgs. a day and now is having none with 2400 mgs., I would suspect something is blocking the Gaui. On the other hand, if you are feeling better all around, perhaps it is working and you have found your correct dose.

In any case, please continue to keep us updated and the best of luck to you.

Love, Mikie