I stopped Elavil same time Mikie stopped klonopin.....

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by achy, Sep 13, 2005.

1. achy

achy New Member

And I had the same outcome...I'm back on it.

After being on it for a year, I didn't think the little 10mg of Elavil I took @ bed was doing anything. My pain Mgt. doc suggested I stop taking it for 2 weeks and see.
    (no weaning necessary for low dose)

About 2 weeks later (thanks to a really bad case of brain sludge) I couldn't figure out why I felt so bad. Well, besides hurricanes, DH out of town, mom in hospital, etc.

I wasn't sleeping, the burning pain in shoulders was back, seemed like pain meds not working as well, and the MIGRANES...every 3-4 days were killing me!

Well DUH. It finally dawned on me....ELAVIL.
    Been back on it about a week and although I still feel like $#!^, I am sleeping better and haven't had a migrane since!!
    I had forgotten Elavil also helps w/headaches & it does.

Oh well....if it helps, it helps....
    Achy
  2. achy

achy New Member

My primary said no to klonopin, but my Pain mgt. doc is now Rx it. Mybe he will switch. I have noticed a change in appetite come to think of it.

Thanks, good idea!
    Achy
  3. vbrown

vbrown New Member

I was taking Elavil and Klonopin. My doctor put me on Cymbalta, (now on 60 Mg.) I was gaining a lot of weight on Elavil, so now I just take Cymbalta and Klonopin at bedtime. Went back to work 9-6 third shift and so far have had no trouble sleeping.