I survived my class reunion. There were 2 other Fibros

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cjcookie, Aug 6, 2006.

1. cjcookie

cjcookie New Member

there. They weren't classmates but it sure does show one how prominent this disease is. In a room of 100, at least three of us had it. I would say fourish if you count my cousin who had lymes disease and now has all my symptoms.

I even managed through the question of what are you doing now. I hate to answer that because I don't want people to think I'm giving them some sob story. It was refreshing to hear that most people I told already knew what it was.

Everyone was so amazing. I swear people get nicer and friendlier as the years go on. I had a great time. The girl who ran the reunion even took pictures at our mixer on Friday night and had them developed and passed them out on Saturday. As if she didn't have much to do that day.
  2. Windytalker

Windytalker Member

Glad you had a good time. And, it's truly amazing others had FM as well in such a small group. It's nice to know others understand.

Most of my former classmates have backed off...don't want to be around "sick people"...you get my drift.
  3. angeljoe

angeljoe New Member

I'm glad you enjoyed your reunion. Isn't it funny how we all dread a reunion. It's nice to hear that you had a good time.
  4. kjfms

kjfms Member

I am so glad you had a good time at you class reunion.

I love them! :) I am very lucky I went to a small high school-we only had close to 200 in our graduating class. We are the only class [at our high school] to have a reunion every five years...LOL

We had our 25th last summer and most know (well probably all by now) that I have FMS and still treat me the same.

I hope it continues well for you and I am sure it will.

It is amazing how people mellow with age and find out what is really important in life.

Take care,

Karen :)
  5. mrdad

mrdad New Member

I'm glad you had such an enjoyable time at your class re-
    union!! They can be alot of fun. I have not attended one
    in quite a no. of years. However, I do keep the Group
    Class graduation picture on my wall taken by the photo-
    grapher Matthew Brady. No digital then.

Have a good week!
    MRDAD