i switched dr's today ran out of my klonopin

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by 69mach1, May 3, 2006.

1. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

last night...pain pain burning pain...tingling etc...the klonopin does make a difference for me...so i am waiting for the dr to call me back to see if i have to come in for f/u from 4/14...i couldn't remember if he would just refill or wanted to see me...

ilike him more than my old pcp...she was the said i thought you were going back to work...then proceeded to tell me if you are not goign to go back to work again i may as well go get a gun on my way home...etc...that was in august last year...i have endured enough...i was wating for my decision for ssdi..
    i won w/o her help...she just needed to document things...

psychologist told me i need to report her...he works for the same hmo ....anyways told him i was too distraught to do that...

anwyas finally did it today...

jodie
  2. AZJulie

AZJulie New Member

I can not believe your dr said to go out a buy a gun, sensitive pc you have there. I am also on klonopin, it has helped w/ the muscle spasms and muscle release, but I have a whole list of everything they have tried me on, I could write a book.... Hang in there and never let them doubt yourself by saying it's in your head or anything like that, this is as real as it gets.. someday they will know that and we will have been the pioneers.
  3. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

muscles...

oh that dr said that...l left crying so much more depressed...then i had a eye dr appt...i started an athsma attack and panick attack...she was wonderful and took my time...
    told the psychologist you had all that goin on becaue of what your pcp dr told youo do...

hey i got shinngles on my butt that hurs even more on top the fibro ect...

jodie
  4. libra55

libra55 New Member

I can't believe somebody told you to go buy a gun. what a nerve! Yes I would report her. she'd probably deny it though.

Klonopin is the best thing ever happened to me. I have tried many sleep meds. All failed. I take .5 klonopin at bedtime and I fall asleep easy and stay asleep (which is what my main problem is I can fall asleep at the drop of a hat but I'm awake every hour).

Now I stay asleep most of the night, I don't wake up hungover, and I have much less anxiety during the day, am generally more pleasant to be around.

My dr. gave me 3 refills on it and I am on the 2nd one, and I hope he doesn't give me problems to refill it. I know it is a benzo and potential addictive, but it has helped me SO much and a little goes a long way with me.

I hope you can get your script because I don't think your supposed to go off this cold turkey even if you only on a little dose.

(((((((Hugs))))))
    Michelle
  5. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

yep i hope so...thinking i better call the pharmacy for the refill...even though i put the call out yesterday...to either refill it...and i was out...

it does hlep better for the sleep than ambien...and the enxiety....

i am hoping i will not need to be on anymore ad's those weight gaining side effects from heck...

jdoei
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

yep true story...but now i finally made the switch...this new dr seemed more informed about the fms approach...that is all i really care about...broken arms can usually mend and spleens can be taken out and our systems will usually adjust...but the fms/cfs has got to go some day...

i am going to lay down for a nap with phone in my room expecting soem people to maybe call me back...and i sure feel the difference of not being on the klonopin

jodie