I Take Requip For Restlessleg Syndrome, But The Symptons

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TxSongBird, Jul 20, 2006.

1. TxSongBird

TxSongBird New Member

of this disorder are now affecing my daytime. I am going in to see my Dr. next week to address this, plus my asthma is on the upswing, so need to talk to him about new inhalers. I dread going in because my weight has sky rocketed since seeing him and I know he won't bring this up, but it makes me feel so bad.

TxSongBird
  2. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

What are your symptoms?
  3. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

can help with your RLS and your asthma. I have both of those too, and I take Mirapex. I need .5 gr at 1:00 p.m. and 1 full gr. at 8 p.m. The evening dose takes a good hour to kick in so I can go to bed. For asthma, I take Zyrtec and Singulair...really helps my allergy symptoms. I've hardly had to use my inhaler. I'm also on allergy shots, which have kept me from hives this summer. I live in hay country, so hives were really a problem. Anyway, I hear you about weight gain....I also have a lot to lose! Good luck and keep your chin up! Terri
  4. CherubPink

CherubPink New Member

I started out on sinemet which helped a lot and gave me no side effects. It's usually used for Alzheimers Disease. It takes about 1 and half hrs to kick in so I have to time accordingly. When I complained about daytime symptoms the Dr put me on 1 tab in the AM and added Mirapex to my nightime dose, this has eliminated my symptoms completely and I can fall asleep like a normal person for the first time in my life and I'm 52 yrs old. It has been wonderful. I didn't know I had restless leg syndrome until I had a 2 day sleep study done. My descriptions of my problem doesn't match anything that I hear on TV so I didn't think I had it. We don't all present with textbook symptoms so it's easy for Dr's to miss. I just simply felt I couldn't hold still or get comfortable. It affects my arms just as much as my legs. But I'm doing so much better, no wonder I could never fall asleep without shredding the bed.
    Linda