I think I found an answer

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Adl123, May 30, 2011.

1. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

A while ago I posted a question. I am adding to it in this manner because I couldn't figure out how to edit it.
    I wrote about extreme and debilitating fatigue, and thought it might be related to the vegetarian diet I'm on. Well, I then thought it might be my adrenals, and I think I have found the cause.
    I have been taking raw adrenal glandular as well as Chinese herbs for to strengthen the adrenal gland, and I am slowly regaining strength. My spirits are better, also. I don't know how strong I will get, or if I will be able to do some cleaning this spring, but I thought I would post what I have learned, in case it might help someone else.
    Of course, please check with your doctor before you try this. My diagnosing doctor had me on raw adrenal glandular, but I stopped it because I was spending so much on extra supplements. Bad idea, I guess.
    Now I just need to find out if a vegan diet could deprive me of something I need for my adrenals. I'm on another quest.
    Many blessings to all.
  2. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

Several years ago my chiropractor did muscle testing, discovered my weak adrenals and gave me an adrenal glandular product, and it was extremely helpful for my adrenals and my energy - I had no bad side effects at all. Pantothenic acid (one of the B vitamins) is also crucial for the adrenals, and of course avoid stress as much as possible. Caffeine, sugar and alcohol all stress the adrenals too.

One more thing - vegetarians are often deficient in vitamin B12, which is crucial for energy. I think it's found chiefly in animal sources which is why vegetarians tend to be deficient. There is debate whether methylcobalamin B12 or hydroxocobalamin B12 is better. I'm currently doing methylcobalamin shots 3 times a week plus sublingual methylcobalamin, and also recently started taking methylfolate (bio-active folate, instead of folic acid), and my energy is increasing.

Good luck - keep us posted -