Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by busybusymom, Oct 13, 2008.

1. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

Many of us fibromyalgics suffer from migraines. I read an article recently on the benefits of vitamin D. I had my levels tested and they were LOW! I was shocked.

I started taking 400 to 800 iu a day, starting last Monday. It didn't hit me until the end of the week that I hadn't had a migraine all week for the first time in a very long time. Saturday I had a hormonal headache, thought I was going to die.

By Sunday I was a bit better, but Monday and today I have been fine. I think it might be the extra vitamin D I have been taking. There are so many things that vitamin D deficiency can do to our bodies, headaches, depression, etc. I thought what the heck - easy enough to try.

I hope this isn't just coincidence, but thought I would pass it along to all you other migraine sufferers!

2. jaba520

jaba520 New Member

I have a horrible headache today, so bad it hurts to turn my head from side to side or I get extremely dizzy. After reading your post I realize I forgot to take my vit D for the last 3 days. I just took some so hopefully you are onto something.

3. busybusymom

busybusymom New Member

It sounds to me like it could be the vitamin D - you will surely know when you start taking it again.

How soon after you started it did you notice a difference?

I am sorry to hear you have had a bad one - I get dizzy too, been dizzy for YEARS! I am hoping this is the "cure" for me. These migraines, as you know, are really awful to live with.