I think I have layers of pain do you feel this ?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Sep 20, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

my skin hurts kinda sore like a sun burn then I have like pockets of swelling that hurt like a bad bruise .
    Then there is deep muscle pain like I can not lift my arm or get my legs up the steps.
    I also have a flu like pain.

Am I going nuts????????
    And then there is a different kind for my headaches and migraines.

Do you have all these different types of pains like layers of a cake . I can deal with one at a time but when I hurt all over I mentally can not take it either.I do not know what causes it but Tylenol ,Motrin nothing helps it.

I am at my last straw and I am scared to go to my doctors because they only add mental stress.I guess I must come across as a crazy women or nothing is to hard to live with .I do not know what I'm doing wrong.

I just try to get through each Day praying it will let up.This makes me end up in bed for Days on end waiting for the pain to ease up.
  2. carebelle

carebelle New Member

What is a tens machine I should know but I do not.My hubby is not here to ask :)

How does it help and where do you get them?
  3. myangelboys3

myangelboys3 New Member

Hello,

I can totally relate!!! I thought I was nuts too but there is always a reason for the pain. Fortunately I found a wonderful new doctor who is getting to the bottom of all my pain. I was told fibro but now my bloodwork came back off so he thinks I have something else going on. I have different kinds of pain all over. My back, hips and legs seem to be the worst. My doc put me on Avinza at night and Vicoden for breakthrough pain but I have to call cuz the Vicoden is not helping during the day for some reason. You really need to go to the doc cuz you know when you do not treat the pain it will make everything else worse and you really need to find out what is causing this. Good luck and let me know what you find out. Take care. Until you go see the doc try taking motrin and tylenol together a doc told me awhile back that is the strongest over the counter mixture you can take.
  4. hermitlady

hermitlady Member

I do know what you're talking about...somedays I say my hair hurts, my guts hurt, every inch aches. Not easy to understand unless you've experienced it....

take care...

xxxoo hermit
  5. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

My hair hurts!

I thought I was the only one that complained of that one! When I have a migraine I swear even my hair hurts to touch it.

Today there is a cold front coming in which frost warnings tonight! Even bone in my body aches and I am freezing.

hugs Marion
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

come to think of it I bet some of this is a change of weather pain cause it is getting cooler here. I forget cause I do not get out a lot.

I just told my hubby the other day that I think its going to be a very cold winter. I feel it in my bones ,months before. I feel sooooo weird sometimes. anybody seen the Farmer's Almanac ?

7. CarolK

CarolK New Member

OH YES INDEED... I CAN RELATE TO THAT DESCRIPTION!

Everyday the pain is in layers...from head to toe... and I can also relate to the "hair hurting" and the skin burning and feeling bruised.

Are we having fun yet!! Guess this is just "normal" for FM'ers.

CarolK
  8. MsOnlyMe123

MsOnlyMe123 New Member

I do understand! That's what I live with everyday of my life, for the past 9 years. My medications from my Pain Management Dr. are stong meds. also. Stress is a well known factor for me also. Having PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), anxiety and depression, does not help.

Carebelle, you are not Nuts. Please do not think that of yourself. You are not alone.

Eileen
  9. carebelle

carebelle New Member