I think I have lyme disease rash,help

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease Archives' started by yellowstrawberry, Oct 1, 2007.

1. yellowstrawberry

yellowstrawberry New Member

I have been diagnosed with CFS/FM for 8 years.I am use to getting skin irritations,sensitivities,etc.,but this is different.I have a big round red bloth on the inside of the upper arm.Inside this blotch is a whitish circle.The red rash is getting bigger for the last 3 days.It is about 6 inches round.

I had an extremely bad headache Saturday that lasted 24 hours.I have had Botox injections and use Imitrex,but this headache was really bad.I am use to most CFS/FM symptoms,but I wonder id I should be checked.I was checked 8 years ago,but nothing showed up then.

I use a Neurologist as my regular doctor.What kind of doctor should I go to for this?Am I overreacting?I do fiddle around outside in the plants as often as I can,I live in Florida.Anyone have any suggestions?
    [This Message was Edited on 10/01/2007]
  2. victoria

victoria New Member

Actually even a GP should be able to dx it. But of course it's considered extremely rare to get it in florida... and the current 'accepted standard' is only 28 days of abx. If this is an acute case, however, that may be enough.

You might want to go to ilads.org where they have a lot of info and links, including pictures of what different rashes look like - they are not always a definite bulls-eye type, altho it sounds like what you have.

Good luck, hope you get some answer and help, whatever it turns out to be!

All the best,
    Victoria

3. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

You should get this checked ASAP. I would advise taking a picture of the rash as well for future reference.

Good luck!!
  4. kellyann

kellyann New Member

Hi,
    I would take a photo of it yes, but you need to run to the doctor asap! Lyme disease is nothing to play with! PLEASE go as quickly as you can! It is so very important that you get on antibiotics asap! It can not wait!Don't let that tick bite ruin your life like one has practically ruined mine! HURRY! No time to waste! Get to the doctor!

Please write back and tell us when you go and tell us what the doctor said. I live in Georgia, which is right next to Florida and I have terribly painful chronic Lyme disease. So don't let them tell you that there is no Lyme disease in Florida. That is a lie.

Your regular GP should be able to handle it, if not maybe an internal medicine doctor, I don't know, just not one you have to wait a long time for an appointment.

I'll be praying that you don't get Lyme disease,

Your friend
    Kellyann