I think I may have fibromyalgia - not sure

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cassandracoffee, Aug 8, 2005.

  1. cassandracoffee

    cassandracoffee New Member

    Hi everyone. I have been suffering for some time with a number of symptoms. I have really weird aches and pains like in my stomach, right hip and breasts. Right now my legs and feet feel like lead and have no energy. My shoulders are very sore and my head, neck and shoulders are full of what seems like tension and headachy. It usually starts behind my eyes with a strange feeling and my jaw can tighten up and I find it hard to eat and swallow as it affects my throat. Often my whole body feels like it's been trampled on by a horse. I haven't told my doctor - I don't know if he will understand as I usually appear to be fine. I generally get like this when I am stressed or angry. It can come on in a flash and go just as quickly. It can also stay for a number of days at a time. I only tell my husband about these problems. I am glad I found this website and wonder if anybody would be kind enough to tell me what they think about my symptoms please.
  2. kalley167

    kalley167 New Member

    but I know that it can be a number of things. I used to have anxiety attacks that did alot of the symptoms you describe. These were brought on by stress. You should at least speak to your doctor and see what he says if you feel he hasn't answered your questions than find another. Many of us have been to several doctors before we were ever finally told what we have.
    I have FMS/CFS & just this year diagnosed with Sjogren's. It took 3 doctors before I knew anything.
    Best wishes.
  3. ldbgcoleman

    ldbgcoleman New Member

    If you have FM you should have certain tender points as well as fatigue. There are diagrams of where on several webesites including Web MD. I would seek a Drs opinion as there are many Immune disorders some very serious and they need to be ruled out. There is no test for FM everything else has to be ruled out. You can check the good Drs list or post a request for a Dr where you live. Good Luck with finding an answer. lynn
  4. cassandracoffee

    cassandracoffee New Member

    Thank you for taking time to reply to me. It has given me what I needed to go and see my doc and ask for help.
    I will be back and thanks again. love Cassandra
  5. Shirl

    Shirl New Member

    Sure hope you do not have CFS/FM, but you got good advice to see your doctor, and let him know how you really feel.

    Stress and angry can bring on some very strange feelings, like you have, or even worst. Try to keep your temper down (I am the worst person to tell you this :), and the stress too and see how you feel.

    Let us know how you are doing, we are interested.

    Shalom, Shirl
  6. backporchrags

    backporchrags New Member

    the people here posses a bevy of information about FMS this sly syndrome can effect people differently.
    Please go to your doc and have him do a pressure point test. This seems to be the only test available to dx FMS. If your GP knows little about FMS try a Rhumitologist.
    I hope the problem is something that can be treated and cured. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

[ advertisement ]