I think I may live now

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by rosemarie, Jan 4, 2006.

1. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

I have not had a fever for about 2 days now. But I a still coughing hard and it hurts so badly too. I hurt when I breathe in my back so I am going to talk to my doctor and see what to do next? I don'tfeel as good as I would like but I sure feel better than I did.

I don't smoke never have. Doctors have teased me over the years that the cough I get sounds like I have been a smoker for years and I should change brands I have not found it funny but that doctor did so I don't go to him anymore.

I still have a cough that rattles my brain and I stil have the headache too. It is so silly that I am on MScontin100 mg and it doooes nothing to touch this headache but 800 mg of advil does. I don't know why it works that way but it does, the advil eases the headache better .

I still feel weak and tired and I have NO energy at all, I have been drinking so much water that I am getting sick of it but then drinking water its good for you and it is flushing this junk out too. I just wish I would be better now and not wait for time to heal me.
    I am going to take a hot bath now and go to bed.

I will check back later on. HUgs to all Rosemarie
  2. skierchik

skierchik New Member

Excuse me for asking, but I am a new reader. What exactly is wrong with you?? What tests have you had done?? I would like to help if I can.

skierchik
  3. rosemarie

rosemarie Member

Here I am a week from seeing my doctor. I remember that I felt like death warmed over. Coughing and low pulse ox it was 88. normal is above 90. Then there was the fevers, I am one who does not run a fever. I have a low body temp. of 95.6 and by friday night of last week it was at 103.0 and even for some one else it is high but for me it was really high.

I had started coughing up green mucus and finally had to go back to the doctor and was given a antibiotic that would help. But for the past few days I was having a hard time to keep my regular pills { I have fibro, degenerative disc diease, spinal stenosis, 2 discs that are bulging,osteoarthitis in both knees and in my left wrist that I shattered a year a a half ago.}{ So I am on strong narcotic pain meds and I would start to cough each time I took a pill} I would have spells of coughing that lasted up to 20 minutes and it hurts like heck and I am breathless after the.

So I called the doctor today to tell them that I thought i would live. I am still coughing but the doctor thinks that I have gotten bronchitis and could have phenumonia as I still am coughing up rusty and green colored mucus. So he gave me till friday to not have the colored mucus and if I still have it I will need x-rays and maybe a stronger antibitoic. I still am weak and exhusted all the time and if I try to do things like loading the dishwasher I am so tired after it that I have to rest and lay down. I was having more aspells of the coughing today and they are causing me to hurt when I take a breath in my back, and my ribs hurt too.

I hope that this gets better even though I am alot better since last week no more fever well it is at 98.9 so I guess that it is still up a bit but not enough for me to worry about. But the coughing is getting to me it is painfull and makes my breathing hard. And I hate ususing my inhaler as i also have asthma too. But I don't use the albuteral inhaler as often as I should and now I am to use it 2 puffs 4 x a day and it makes my heart race and my BP go up .And that had my doctor worried about me as I had a racing heart and my BP was too high when I saw him the first time and the last time it was more noraml , he thinks that the being so sick was what made my heart race and BP go up.

Well it is off to bed to rest again. This sitting here typing I am getting achy all over. and I am starting to hurt. So take care,
    HUgs,
    Rosemarie
  4. caroleye

caroleye New Member

Rosearie, learning that this is being called the 4+week flu from others; saying it's the worst one in years.

I'm into my 3rd week, and have only left the house 2x (not driving), and can't do anything but my daily computer checkin.

Still running low-grade fever, but the worst are those achies & weakness/tiredness.

I was on my way to a Dr. when I read all the other posts saying everyone was also making Dr. trips, and they were just told to go home, and "wait it out".

So I'm counting the days til the 4th week, and praying for a miracle for this virus to be DEAD!!

Hope you're feeling better as well.

LIGHT************carole