I think I over did today out having fun...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Beadlady, Jun 9, 2012.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

First hubby & I went out to breakfast, came home and then I brushed the dog outside--he seemed to really enjoy it.

Then I went out to about 10 yard sales. I didn't find much today--stuff mainly for some of my friends. I'm always looking for beads or other things to use in my projects.

I stopped at the produce market and got some good stuff and 4 tomatoe plants--now if it will just stop raining so I can plant them.

Since it was a cold and rainy day my husb & I made homemade clam chowder for dinner and we had garlic toast. The chowder turned out great!

Now to hobble down the stairs and put the laundry in the dryer.

Tomorrow I can rest and re-group for next week.

2. Saoirse3

Saoirse3 Member

Last week was my week to "ultra-overdo" everything. I had my daughter and 8 year old granddaughter here, and they wanted the whole Alaska scene. We rented an RV and drove to Denali National Park, where we hiked, dodged grizzly bears (two right outside the RV, and they had just killed a moose calf. Yikes!) and went on a 9 hour bus trip over hill and dale (what was I THINKING?). The RV made me feel like a pebble in a tin can - you CANNOT sleep in a moving RV, over mountain roads! Came back home, then on to Homer, which is home to one of the "Deadliest Catch" boats in particular and the halibut fishing capital of the world. Come back home, help with homework and an "Alaska Journal" of what we did. Next day was picking wildflowers in the forest. Complete with critters. "We do NOT pet moose!" Then grandma had to make her spaghetti and meatballs. Next day was a 9 hour cruise to see Kenai Fjords. Beautiful wildlife, but I lost my footing when the boat hit a swell and I slammed my leg into one of the boats beams (solid steel and flesh do not mix well). Then a 6 hour round trip to the airport. THIS week has been spent either lying on the couch with ice packs, lying on the bed moaning to my cats, or soaking myself in a hot bath. But my granddaughter wrote that of all the places in the world she could go, she would go and see more of Alaska with me! Wonder if she'd still say that when there is 12 feet of snow on the ground? LOL!

Soft hugs,