I think I should write this message

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by getridof, May 28, 2007.

1. getridof

getridof New Member

Dear everyone,
    Thanks for your prayer. I think this is the first time I write something POSITIVE here. I'm so sorry I kept posting messages about my faith negatively before.
    In fact my situation hasn't really changed, still suffering from anxiety and depression, difficult finance situation, lonely...etc. But I pray alot. I used to pray only once a day (I was under so much stress and lack of faith at that period of time), now I almost pray about five times a day. I didn't complain to God (maybe sometimes I doubt His intention, but not much). I feel quite comfortable to talk to HIM. I hope I can grip this feeling tightly. I really hope this is a positive sign on my faith.
    I still think my future is hopeless. But at least not helpless, I can pray. I also hope one day when I gain back my dignity, I can make a testimony confidently to other people. Please continue to pray for me.

PS. I pray alot for Joyfully. May God bless her and take away her pain. And I also pray for Pepper's husband to get a good job. Trust me, I know how it feels for not having a job. And everyone is in my prayer.
  2. 143alan

143alan New Member

I'm so glad you posted and glad to hear from you. I think of you often and include you in my prayers. Don't worry if you never post anything "positive". You post what is on your heart. I am concerned though that you mentioned -when you gain back your dignity-you can make a confident testimony. None of us really know what you're going through and don't have to know in order to pray for you. Everytime you post you are giving a testimony to your growth in the spirit.

I was praying for a word for you and I'm not sure this is it, it's just scriptures that came to mind.

Acts 17:24-28
    The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by hands. And he is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything because he himself gives all men life and breath and everything else. From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live. God did this so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from each one of us. For in him we live and move and have our being. As some of your own poets have said, We are his offspring.

He has you where you are for a season and a reason and whatever that situation is does not change the fact that he does love you. God bless you GRO and I will continue to remember you in my prayers
  3. Lms526

Lms526 New Member

Hello there,
    I am so glad to hear you are doing somewhat better. You don't have to be sorry about posting negative things. We all have struggles in our faith at one time or another. I have been having struggles of my own in this area recently. So have other people I know.

I'm glad to hear you feel comfortable talking with Him. You can be sure that He is pleased by that.

I also want you to know that I have been praying for you and others on this board who are hurting.
    You and I have a lot in common. I can totally relate to the no job thing, the crappy financial situation thing, and even the anxiety and depression thing.

I hope and pray that you will continue to grow strong and deep in your faith. The Lord recently spoke to my heart about doubt. He said something that I think is very true. Doubt is denying what is true and accepting what is false. I too, really struggle with doubt. There are so many times in my faith walk where I feel like I am taking one baby step forward and 3 giant steps backwards. The Christian life is not easy. Don't believe anyone who tells you it is or should be. Take care and I hope that God will continue to work.

Lms526
  4. 143alan

143alan New Member

Hi GRO!

I want to make sure you're post does not end up on the second page. You are loved and cared about by some on the board and you need to know this. Let us know that you have read it.

I pray that you can start viewing your future as hopeful instead of hopeless. God loves you and is with you.

Take Care
    Nancy
  5. getridof

getridof New Member

I'm doing.....ok, I guess. After I realized I can pray, I know how to deal with my anxiety a little bit. I also hope the medicine can work well.