I think I won the Pain Lottery at Birth...

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by tlsparrow, Jan 15, 2002.

1. tlsparrow

tlsparrow New Member

Hi all,

This is my first time posting here. My name is Terry. I'm 41 and have two sons (15 and 11).

Right now I'm in the process of filing for social security disability. Besides having fibromyalgia, I have chronic mono caused by the epstein barr virus and I have metabolic kidney stone disease, which means I am "stoned" constantly...LOL

I don't know whether or not I'll get my disability but I sure pray that I do. Financially, I need it to help my family and emotionally, I need it to feel like a contributing member of my family again.

I've always been a firm believer that things happen for a reason, and I'm still searching for the reason for my pain. Sometimes I start to pray to God to ease my suffering and I get this mental picture of those poor people in Afghanistan with no food, water, shelter or medical attention, and I become ashamed of myself. If they could live a day in my life, even with the pain, I think they would be stunned as to all we have. So, maybe if I start praying for others, others will start praying for me. What do you think?

It was nice to find this board, and I'll be back (read that with Arnold Schwartenagger's voice) lol

Terry
  2. momtc

momtc New Member

I know what it feals like to not be able to help suport a family. But just you being there does help. I will keep you in my prayers.
    Barbra J
  3. bossyboots

bossyboots New Member

i got dla in 1992 but then i lost it all about 500 per month, in 1998. i have me and meniers disease. the dla tribunal have special employed people who stop us keeping our beneifits and eat you alive. i have a friend who gets the top rate of everything and she can garden and go shopping but she knew what to say on the forms. anyway good luck, lets hope you put the right answers.
  4. silverbell

silverbell New Member

DEAR tlsparrow
    I really feel for you,Iknow I'm so sore most of the
    time It's a constant battle.. You are on the right track. Prayer is powerful, keep praying and I will pray for you also. There is a worship post here just look under message boards...God loves you very much your headed in the right direction. There is a reson for our suffering, we may not find out why till we get to heaven...Just hang on to GOD He will never leave you nor forsake you....
    love and prayers silverbell
  5. EJF

EJF New Member

Hi, I think you should not compare yourself and people in eg Afghanistan. The situations are just too different. One can always find someone that is worse off than oneself. Although one should feel sorry for those that are worse off one should not start feeling that oh, but then my troubles are nothing at all. Because they are and telling yourself so may help. For instance, on a day when you feel down, yes looking at the good sides of life may help - you have two children, how lucky you are - but - telling yourself: well I am down because I really have been living with terrible pains, I am not weak I am strong, I am amazingly strong to have managed to go on, to be a mother, to be loving, and caring. I am not a whimp, I really have been through a very hard time and am going through a hard time. None of us can keep going through such without it taking a toll. Blaming yourself for becoming sad at times about it is doing yourself injustice. If you let yourself realise how hard your life is (in some crucial aspects) then you will realise how strong you have been. And that will make you feel better. So I think.
    Best of wishes,
    EJF