I think my 13 year old son has CFIDS

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by dianero, Nov 21, 2002.

1. dianero

dianero New Member

I think my 13 year old son has CFIDS. He has been sick for over one month now. We've checked everything, even spend 7 hours in the emergency room recently. Doctor's can find anything wrong. The fatigue has really impacted his school attendance and his hobbies. I find he goes to bed around 8:00pm (without being told). Also, has been suffering from palpitations (heart checked out normal). If anyone has any advice, please let me know. I don't know what else to do.
    Diane
  2. dianero

dianero New Member

I think my 13 year old son has CFIDS. He has been sick for over one month now. We've checked everything, even spend 7 hours in the emergency room recently. Doctor's can find anything wrong. The fatigue has really impacted his school attendance and his hobbies. I find he goes to bed around 8:00pm (without being told). Also, has been suffering from palpitations (heart checked out normal). If anyone has any advice, please let me know. I don't know what else to do.
    Diane
  3. allhart

allhart New Member

try and get him into a neurologist that was where i finally started to find help for my son,they usally run test that other drs never even heard of,could he be having painic attacks that may be cause the heart palps thats what was causing my sons from being so stressed from being sick,i know its scary my sons still going threw test its been 3 years sometimes he comes home from school and gose stright to bed,i wish you luck youll be in our prayers
    kara
  4. 2BPainfree

2BPainfree New Member

I dunno...
    maybe this is to obvious but has anyone checked your son for Mono?
    My son had Mono/EPstein-Barr virus at 13 yrs which caused severe fatigue ect, lasted over 6 months. I doubt the ER would check for this, however you could get your primary Doc to order the bloodwork.

Just a thought!

Susan/RN/CA