I think we should solicite this site!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AC77, May 2, 2003.

1. AC77

AC77 New Member

I think for everyone who posts here, we should buy something from this site that has offered such an awesome way to communicate to each other and learn. I think by soliciting this site, Pro Health we can do a lot to keep it up and running and expanding for many years for all the people who have this disease. Just my thought.
  2. VickyB

VickyB New Member

I use ZMA and ProEnergy. What do you buy from this site? I am interested. Anything that helps, I am willing to try.
    I agree that this board is an excellent way to communicate to each other if it is positive!! I always look forward to (almost) everything offered here on the board.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I've been buying supplements since I started coming here and before I was ever a moderator. The reason: The supplements sold here are for us with our special needs, they are the highest quality, they are the best price you can find for quality supplements, and the company donates a very, very large portion of profits towards research and advocacy for our illnesses.

Many do not know that the founder of this company suffers from CFIDS. He is a wonderful example of how you can take lemons to make lemonade. He has not only found a way to make a living himself, but the company provides jobs for others as well. He contributes to society, pay taxes, and is a huge source of funding to further our cause.

In addition, as you point out, he has provided us with this website where people with various illnesses can get together (there are forums for other illnesses, as well as community forums--check them out). Everything I have learned which has led to successful treatments for my CFIDS and FMS have come from this website.

Love, Mikie
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

The only things I buy elsewhere are things I can't get here, or when my doctor recommends some specific brand. But most of what I buy comes from here. They are quick to deliver, & I think the prices are very good (as supps go).

Hugs,
    Pam
  5. tansy

tansy New Member

but I live in the UK. Customs and excise here will charge import duty and VAT on any goods worth more than £17.00. The post office then makes their charge too.

To add insult to injury I have to collect it, not easy in my situation.

I want to challenge the policy on this, its on my VERY long list of problems I must address.

Cheers

Tansy
    [This Message was Edited on 05/03/2003]
  6. sunnysideliving

sunnysideliving New Member

As living in Finland I also have to pay customs duty and big postal charge.

Is there a company offering these product inside EU (European Union)?

I would be happy to try them, though.

Cheers,
    Ban
  7. Shirl

Shirl New Member

Nice thoughts coming from a member.

I was buying Pro Health's supplements before I had a computer!

I got their address from one of the books I was reading on FM/CFS, called, got a catalog and the rest is history.

That makes me a customer for over 3 years of Pro Health's, and a member of this board for a little over two years.

My husband and daughter also buy their supplements from here, and many of my friends too. None of them have FM/CFS, but we always took supplements.

The only things I don't buy here is those they don't carry.

Mikie said it all, so I won't repeat what she said, but I do agree with her post completely.

Pro Health is now carrying many supplements that we were buying elsewhere, ZMA and Jarrow's probotics to name a couple of them. The prices are much lower than we were paying for them too.

When I order, it is here in four days or less, that is a big plus compared to some companies.

S/H is one price per order, instead of by weight (for the USA), thats another plus.

Great company, wonderful support board.

Shalom, Shirl

8. klutzo

klutzo New Member

I saved more than $15 over the online drugstore I was using the last time I bought Guai by buying it here.
    Klutzo
  9. AnnG

AnnG New Member

I just got ANOTHER Email from a well-meaning person who had given my name to someone selling supplements from Amway-like companies. They had lots of "healing FM" stories and wanted me to participate in a conference call. It felt so good to be able to tell them I order from Pro-Health because they contribute to FM Research AND provide this awesome message board (which is more helpful than any Dr could hope to be). And, you know what? They shut right up!
  10. ozgran

ozgran New Member

But the expense would be too great over here in Australia. Ozgran.
  11. DragonBall

DragonBall New Member

we had trouble paying bills when i had to leave work so my credit is not very good ,even though we paid up 3 years ago we still cant get a credit card, i get supps from varios shops but it is hard to find quality items.
  12. gottalottalove

gottalottalove New Member

I havent been on this sight for very long so I have had
    tunnel vision and get very tired trying to gain much needed education and knowledge. I will definately look into supplements from pro health so long as I have the knowledge of how much and what will help my Fibro. So far everyone has been very generous with my questions and I thank you for this. The solicitation has brought one more customer to Pro Health! Thanks again Tina
  13. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

We have so many new members and most probably do not know the story of how this site was founded nor the tremendous good that comes from supporting it. It's a win, win, win situation.

Love, Mikie
  14. Sandyz

Sandyz New Member

Its a great thing their are doing for us here. I really appreciate it and I don`t know what I would do with out it. I have tried three of ther products so far and intend to try a some of the others.

The net is really a gift for people with illnesses or disabilties that maybe can`t get out to socialize or go to a suppport group. Here you can talk to people daily, all day, if you want who understand.
  15. kredca4

kredca4 New Member

to support this site is to Hand out the Free Information Guide that they give us by ordering, it's the First Post of the Page.
    I hand them out to People in Waiting Rooms, Busstops, when I have to take a bus which I hate, they bump me around to much. There are a lot of Places to give them to people, and that is Doing something even if you can't buy, they do cost Money and Insurance won;t cover Supplements ,
    I also don't digest them well, I'm wanting to try a Liquid Multi-Viat. But the one I can across runied it by puttin in Orange Flavoring. I'm allergic to Orange, and mainly Red dye, and it's tough just finding Meds that I can take without colors that will give me adverse reactions.

Plus it seems to me that Supplement's and Vita. have a harder coating on them, which is why it's hard for me to digest them.

I have a lot of Realitives and Friends who use Supplements and they seem to have a lot of sucess from them.

Sincerely
    kredca4
  16. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

One last bump and a big "THANK YOU!" to our host who sponsors this website.

Love, Mikie