I thought I posted

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by johnston, Oct 30, 2006.

1. johnston

johnston New Member

this earlier, but I really need a very good Atlanta area lawyer who knows disability. I am in Peachtree City. I need a lawyer who cares, is efficient, organized, knowledgeable, successul, and reasonable in his fees. Any info. will be GREATLY appreciated! Rhonda
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

read about Scott Davis. Click on "Disability" in purple above.

Good luck.
  3. johnston

johnston New Member

that header. Are you suggesting that he could help with the case or that he might refer me to lawyers in my area? Thanks for the response. Rhonda
  4. suzetal

suzetal New Member

He was going to take my case and I'm in Rhode Island.

But my Doctor gave me the name of a firm here in RI that only handled SSD cases .Thats what I went with was the local firm but if I was not able to find one close I would have gone with Davis.

Sue
  5. johnston

johnston New Member

GOSH! THANKS you guys!!! I know what an effort it is for some of us to post here...........I am currently filing an appeal for my Federal SSD benefits. They said I could no longer work as a nurse but could perform lighter, unskilled work.
    I also want to check into litigation regarding both my STD and LTD from my prior job, BECAUSE guess who that was??? Blue Cross Blue Shield. I feel THAT job set off the exacerbation of my fm d/t stress (an internal conflict between my feelings as a patient advocate and their HMO rules as well as the time constraints and the workload). Anyway, it is a matter of principal to me. I don't want them to get out of paying on a benefit that they offer (I have witnessed firsthand how insurance companies "play the game"). I know this company is not BC/BS, but it is an insurance company (and it was a benefit of my employment) I don't want to be yet another one of their victims.
  6. johnston

johnston New Member

down on the postings, I thought I would bump my thank you (jsut in case it hadn't been read by my helpers) Thanks again, Rhonda