I tnink I may be a minority

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by milligan1, Jul 26, 2006.

1. milligan1

milligan1 New Member

I hope I'm not the only male on this message board
    JW
  2. Tantallon

Tantallon New Member

There is quite a few. If you want to converse with them, I suggest you put that your male in the thread title, they'll make themselves known to you.

Good luck
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Welcome!

You will get lots of support and also lots of fun here.
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

This topic comes up about every 6 months. Most of the guys don't say much, but they are here and will post if provoked.

If you want some sympathy and nuturing, gals are better at providing same anyway.

Welcome to the board.

5. milligan1

milligan1 New Member

I think that she probably understands us males, we usually don't speak for fear of putting our foot in it, seems we have an apptitude for that sort of thing. Been married for thirty three years and have gotten quiter with every year.
    JW
  6. Marta608

Marta608 Member

Hi, JW ~

We women do most of the talking and may be in the majority here but I really appreciate it when the men weigh in with their often less volatile opinions.

I laughed at what you said about talking less. It reminded me of this old joke:

DISCUSSION TECHNIQUE

A woman has the last word in any argument.

Anything a man says after that is the beginning of a new argument.

Not true!!

Welcome anyway!
    Marta

[This Message was Edited on 07/26/2006]
  7. milligan1

milligan1 New Member

thanks marta, but I've learned if I am to have the last word, I better speak five days later and in another country.
    Otehrwise, I get the silent treatment, which means I better be silent. I'm trying to teach my 24 yo son this, but alas, I believe he may be doomed.
    JW
  8. Marta608

Marta608 Member

My goodness, you are well-trained. I never did a good job of training husbands - or picking them either, now that I think about it....

Marta
  9. milligan1

milligan1 New Member

I've been married so long, I guess there just isn't much to talk about and talking about world events only leads to self agonizing
    JW
  10. milligan1

milligan1 New Member

being outnumbered is something I've grown used too, two sons and one daughter and believe me she ruled. JW
  11. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

You said the following: "but I've learned if I am to have the last word, I better speak five days later and in another country."

Although it's not a laughing matter it made me chuckle!!

Anywho, when the guys sit down by the "puters" (my daughters expression, she also call a calculator a "countalator", very smart indeed!) tonight I bet there will be more replies.
  12. 1sweetie

1sweetie New Member

Male or female, we all have similar problems. We are different by nature but that is what makes it work. We can learn from each other.

Again WELCOME!

13. mrpain

mrpain New Member

my ears were burning and sure enough, I see where honora mentioned my name. I always have that esp-n going.
    Hi milligan1; Welcome to the board. There are some great people both males and females on this board. They are smart, knowledgable, fun, and we all have a lot in common.
    Nice to meet you.......Take care!
  14. tata1580

tata1580 New Member

I am probably still a newbie here..but I love this board I have learned so much here...Male or female..everyone here will walk this hilly road with you..

I must be doing something wrong...I never get the last word..maybe I should look into doing something about that!!

Tami
  15. Shirl

Shirl New Member

We have lots of men here, they are just not as verbal as us women.

Anyway, I take it you are an Irishman? well who can resist the Irish???? I never could!

Again, a big welcome to you.

Shalom, Shirl