I totally overdid it this weekend

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by cczub, Sep 19, 2006.

1. cczub

cczub New Member

I had to get the attic finished and I did. I laid the carpet on Sat and started moving furnature. I finished moving everything up there(our new bedroom) after grocery shopping on Sunday. After the move I laid down for a little bit and couldn't get out of bed.. I actually had to roll off the bed onto the floor.

I went to the local clinic in the afternoon and they gave me Relafen and Tylenol w/codine.

I'm still in pain. I haven't taken a day off in a while at work and think I'm going to have to leave at noon. I can't remember the last time my back hurt this bad.

I've had a sore back before but nothing I do seems to give me any relief...
  2. BronzeWomn

BronzeWomn New Member

I hear what you are saying. I use to be this way. In the back of our minds we say..we just gotta finish all this today or this week, when we really don't have to..u have more days ahead of you and it can wait. You have to remember to limit yourself or u will be fallling out the bed etc. I know its hard not to do it all at the time your mind wants it done..but,,when u keep going thur the pain u will slow down. Sometimes I just sat and look at what needs to be done and anazlye and count up the cost of me doing this or the pain..I have now learned a great lesson..and won't overwork and push myself. If all this is to much for you just wait and do the most important thing lst and put the other things on hold.
  3. caperkat

caperkat New Member

I'm so sorry to hear that you are in so much pain after the weekend. Sounds like you got a lot done, though! I hope by the time you read these posts, you're feeling much better. I like soaking in a hot bath with mineral or epsom salts.

kat
  4. cczub

cczub New Member

I needed to get it done because we have to move our son into our old room because we have a dining room set coming by the end of the month. His old room becomes the new dining room!! I did the hot tub thing Saturday night and a hot bath the past 2 nights. It helps for a temporary help but that's about it. I'm leaving work soon to go home and lay down..
  5. Marta608

Marta608 Member

"Sometimes you just gotta do stuff."

I also overdid on Sunday and spent most of the day in bed yesterday. A first for me.

This too shall pass.

Marta