I tried Ambien CR - Not Impressed

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by TwinMa, Nov 22, 2005.

1. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I got one of the free 7 day trial prescriptions for Ambien CR (controlled release). It is a 12.5 mg dose of Ambien that release over a period of several hours.

I didn't like it. I only tried 4 of the 7 pills, but that was enough to tell that it's not for me.

I woke with a real fuzzy head and a dull headache. Of course, everything gives me a headache, so this wasn't a big surprise. The fuzzy head was the same feeling I get from taking Benedryl. And I didn't sleep any better than I do with plain old Ambien.

I have taken the regular Ambien for years. I used to take 10 mg, but have found I get to sleep just as well with only 5 mg. As with most people taking Ambien, I get to sleep, I just don't stay asleep. Usually wake around 2am.

I'm going to try cutting it down to 2.5 mg and see if that is all I need. I am sleeping a bit better these days, and I think it is partly due to starting Stormy's Shake. I am also taking ZMA and Peaceful Nights. I'm thinking the Peaceful Nights might be a good one for me. Still a bit early to tell.

Anyone else tried Ambien CR? Experiences?

Katy
  2. nanna4550

nanna4550 New Member

Hi Katy-
    I've taken 3 pills, then had the worst Anxiety day in my life yesterday. I'm also taking Cymbalta and it may be the combination of the two for me. I slept pretty well on it, but in spite of the taste, I think I like Lunesta better. I'm reluctant to take it now, so don't know what I'm going to do.
    Where do you get the peaceful nights???Maybe I'll try it?
    Take care, Janice

3. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I found the Peaceful Nights here at the ProHealth website. Go to the Store at the top of this page and do a search for Peaceful Nights.

It has Calcium, some B vitamins, magnesium, inositol, GABA, taurine, skullcap, passion flower, valerian root and chamomile flower extract. Don't ask me what any of them do!

I just keep trying different things for sleep looking for that elusive magic bullet. Hope this is it!

I haven't tried Lunesta. I'm sure my insurance wouldn't cover it.

Katy
  4. suz9601

suz9601 Member

didnt help me either and left me way hungover until 4pm the next day.
  5. hehmommy

hehmommy New Member

Thanks for letting us all know that. My hubby takes regular Ambien (2 years now) and he was thinking about trying it, but if it can cause anxiety he doesn't need that on top of his anxiety he already has on a daily basis. I think we will stick with what works.

Trish
  6. TwinMa

TwinMa New Member

I hear ya about being old and hung over! At least when I used to be hung over in the "old days" I had a lot of fun the night before! Not any more!

Katy