I use to be a great speller but...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Girlof41, Sep 15, 2002.

1. Girlof41

Girlof41 New Member

for the past two years , I have lost my ability to spell. I mix up the letters or I can't visualize the word in my head.
    It's very frustrating to think a part of my brain is not working. I blame it on stress and fatigue.
  2. Girlof41

Girlof41 New Member

for the past two years , I have lost my ability to spell. I mix up the letters or I can't visualize the word in my head.
    It's very frustrating to think a part of my brain is not working. I blame it on stress and fatigue.
  3. griswoldgirl

griswoldgirl New Member

I know I do. I cannot put a sentence together when I am run down and tired which seems to be most of the time lately.

spelling is not my best area either, that is what spell check and dictionaries are for. I have goten used to looking things up. LOL

do not let it get you down or you will stress about it only making it worse.

cathy
  4. Lanie

Lanie New Member

Not only can't I spell half the time, I find myself reversing words in sentences or saying the wrong word on occasion. I excelled in English and it was my favorite subject. I just hope it isn't permanent!
    Lanie
  5. toniad

toniad New Member

I used to be a great speller! I had pretty good grammar too! Until FMS.

I am in college now, and I had 6 classes this summer, 3 - A's, 2 - B's and 1 - C. I used the spell checker, if I got into a fog, I just waited and it came to me. Sometimes I forget what I'm going to say, sometimes I want to use the word condone, and all I can think of is condiments. I get VERY frustrated! I don't have time to wait til my brain fires right! But I just do it somehow. I know it sucks, but you can manage pretty ok with the fog part.

Also, I noticed the more I read, write and speak, the less severe that seems to be for me. I still get it, but it doen't seem to be as often? or maybe as intense?

Good luck!
    Tonia D.

ps...isn't there a supplement (vitamin or otherwise) we can take to enhance memory retention???
  6. jpswife_4boys

jpswife_4boys New Member

I have always been a great speller, a good typist. It is so frustrating trying to spell something and you can't remember how to. I get aggervated typing. My fingers (ok my brain) goes dumb. I get confused trying to figure out which letter goes where and trying to figure out who hid the letter on the keyboard from me. lol Sorry that ya'll are in the same boat as I am in but it's good to know that I'm not the only one.

Crissie
  7. teach6

teach6 New Member

At first I thought it was because I was spending too much time reading second graders' writing, but now I know it was fatigue. Whenever I am fatigued my spelling and word recall go down the tube! I sure wish there was a spell check on here!

Barbara
  8. eeyore

eeyore New Member

I FIND THIS VERY FRUSTRATING. I KNOW WHAT I WHAT TO SAY BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT COMES OUT. SOMETIMES MY KIDS SAY MOM WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT. SOMETIMES I WOULD RATHER JUST SIT AND LISTEN INSTEAD OF TRYING TO SAY THE RIGHT THING. SPELLING IS JUST AS BAD I JUST SEEM TO DRAW A BLANK.
    THANKS FOR LISTENING
  9. granmama

granmama New Member

Yeah,I'm a goofy speller too. And it gets worse at night when I have taken my 1mg of Klonopin.
    I tend to spell words the way they sound and have a tendency to put "w" before the words, strange, huh?

I too, use to be an excellent typist. Fibro manages my life and pulls all the strings. Would that make me a Fibro-puppet?

Ok, Klonopin has won tonight, best get some rest.

take care all,
    granmama