I used my Ticket to Work, now I wish I hadn't

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Yesh, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Yesh

Yesh New Member

I worked as a nurse in long-term-care until I got this disease. I was approved for Social Security on my first try. My ex-husband waited on me hand and foot, and I got board-to-death.

I decided I would go back to school just for the fun it, something to keep my mind occupied with besides the T.V. I got my AAS degree and everything was fine. Then I got my Ticket to Work, I could go back to school and get another degree if I gave Vocational Rehab my ticket; stupid me, I did it.

I graduated in June with two business technology degress as a legal assistant and a administrative assistant. Now I have three college degrees and my nursing certificate. Vocational Rehab wants to know why I have not found a job yet, I am told Social Security can just cut my benifits because I have not found a job.

People do not understand, I AM STILL DISABLED! On top of that I am caring for a disabled adult child by my self while trying to keep my house and yard up. When I have the time, I do read the want ads and search the Internet for jobs, and fill out on line applications and send out resumes. However, I cannot make someone hire me.

Eventhough I send out 5+ applications and resumes each week, I am told I am not doing enough, I need to make looking for work my first priority, and make it a full time job.

Talk about being between a rock and a hard place. If I make looking for work my first priority I neglect my son, and if I do not make looking for work my first priority, I lose my Social Security.

I am being pulled and pushed in so many directions I feel I am ready for a mental breakdown, also, I am starting to feel a relapse starting. I never thought I would say this, but may be a relapse would be a good thing because I would be in tooooooo much pain to work.

Any way, please pray for me, because if I did find a job, what would I do with my son.

Don't use your ticket to work, you will be forced to go back to work.

God Bless

yesh

2. grge

grge New Member

I am praying that God will bless you and your family. He often times shuts one door and opens another one to you.
    I pray He will give you peace of mind and a swift answer to your difficulties.
    georgia
  3. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this difficult situation. I will certainly be praying for you.

Blessings, Judy
  4. Williedb

Williedb New Member

Hi Yesh
    I am new on the site. I will be praying for you. Take care and God Bless.

Hugs
    Willie
  5. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

I'm so sorry for the trial you are facing. I will pray that God will give you wisdom and patience as he knew about this trial and situation long before it happened. I am reminded of the scripture to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your path!"

I pray that you will find strength in the Holy Spirit today to trust the Lord. I know how difficult your situation is and how hard it is to trust. I'll keep praying for you!
    Monkeykat
  6. helpeachother

helpeachother New Member

Yesh, I feel your pain and although it sounds over-simple try your best to actually TRUST IN GOD and say "Jesus, I trust in you" and try to lower your stress through His Peace. Just ask Him and be at Peace. He WILL take care of you. All the Best!