I`ve come to a decision about Amitriptyline........

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by serenety, Jun 27, 2006.

1. serenety

serenety New Member

After reading a few posts about putting on weight i have made an appointment with my Gp for Friday morning.
    I`ve been on 150mg for 4 yrs now, i was a size 12 uk when i got married & now i`m a size 16/18 Uk. ( Sorry i have to revaluate my calculations `cos i actualy work in stones & not pounds. the total weight i have put on is 56lbs & not 30lbs which is 4 stone UK ).

But i don`t know what what to ask him to change me on to.
    I am on a seperate Anti deppresant, called Cipralex 20mg so the Amitriptyline is not used as a anti deppresant just a sleeping tab.

What do you suggest i ask for?
    Serenety.
    [This Message was Edited on 06/28/2006]
  2. reckabek

reckabek New Member

different anti trycylectic anti's out there for sleeping...but im not sure if they all have the same side effects.... r u sure its the meds causeing the weight gain...cause 30 lbs over 4 yrs, seems perfectly a normal part of life after u get married! when i went on paxil i gained 30 lbs in 2 months...thats a little different. and i know many people gain weight after marraige that r not on antidepressents...i know i gained alot, i wish it had only been 30.
    if u truely feel its the meds, u could try a different one, like trazadone, or doxipine..or even something in the ambien type catagory.
    I hope i didnt upset u by saying thaT about the weight...but thats not much weight to be gaining in a 4 yr period....even tho i know u r mad...i know how u feel, i fluctuate what seems weekly..UGGG...and thats why i hate medicine...well i hope u find the answers u r looking for, take care, beck!!!
  3. serenety

serenety New Member

i had to revaluate my calculatons it is actually 56lbs i have put on which is 4 stone.
    Maths was never my strong point.
    I`m 5`7ins tall & weight 14.5st.
    Serenety.
  4. reckabek

reckabek New Member

Thats a bit more...is the system different there, i suppose to US???? well i'd definatly talk to DR....best to u!!!
  5. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I was thinking of trying the fisol omega 3 which is meant to be very good and no fish repeat taste.

Love Anne Cromwell