I Wake-Up Tired, ill, Smelly, Grungy + in pain most mornings...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by AJME, Dec 14, 2002.

1. AJME

AJME New Member

Dear All,

I can't figure out my sleep. I sleep through the night unlike most people with FM.

When I wake up I feel Ill, Grungy, Smelly, Tired and not the least in pain.

It is like my body is releasing waste material/toxins through my skin overnight and that is why I smell. My hair is much more oily after waking up and is in dire need of a shampoo.

Most nights before I go to sleep I have none of the above. It's like my body goes through a metamorphisis and I wake up feeling like crud.

Anybody else wake-up feeling the same in DIRE need of a HOT cleansing shower/bath?

Thanks!
  2. AJME

AJME New Member

Dear All,

I can't figure out my sleep. I sleep through the night unlike most people with FM.

When I wake up I feel Ill, Grungy, Smelly, Tired and not the least in pain.

It is like my body is releasing waste material/toxins through my skin overnight and that is why I smell. My hair is much more oily after waking up and is in dire need of a shampoo.

Most nights before I go to sleep I have none of the above. It's like my body goes through a metamorphisis and I wake up feeling like crud.

Anybody else wake-up feeling the same in DIRE need of a HOT cleansing shower/bath?

Thanks!
  3. karen2002

karen2002 New Member

Ajme---you may be sleeping the whole night through---but would be willing to bet none of it is stage 4---deep sleep. Sounds like you are not getting restorative sleep---and in the stages you are probably in--are working--dreaming, lots of brain activity, etc. throughout the nite.
    Karen
  4. JaciBart

JaciBart Member

I wonder sometimes if I am one of those people now who are fat & have body odor. I worry about it sometimes when around others, like they are thinking "ick"

We have all seen and smelled those people and I wonder if they have fibro. I have never in my life felt like I just stunk. It is embarrassing and I just sweat so much, like most of not all of us.

Jaci
  5. vloga

vloga New Member

Yes, often. When it happens to me it's because I've been eating things that are bad for me, or when I've got a virus. It's basically the body's bacteria doing their bit, and the body trying to excrete all the rubbish. If I can, I try to detox by keeping to a simple diet, with fresh food and veggies simply cooked. After a while it seems to work, but while it's happening it is really awful.

Actually I don't think most people find it as offensive as we do.

Hope this helps

Vloga
  6. Shirl

Shirl New Member

What Karen said it no doubt true, you are probably not getting into a stage four deep sleep, and battling all those dreams and twisting and turning all night.

Thats how I used to sleep, only I kept waking up almost every hour on the hour. I also was sweating, my hair would be wet and stinky too! I had even changed night clothes and pillow cases in the middle of the night. I was crabby, tired and ready for a fight (would even yell at the dogs sometimes!).

I was so restless at night that I would have the covers on the floor, the sheets pulled off of the mattress, and my night clothes all wrapped and twisted around my body. In other words, I was having some serious battles in those few hours that I was asleep!

I even woke a few times thinking someone was trying to choke me, it was my hair wrapped around my neck!

This all changed after a week or two after taking ZMA. Now I am really sleeping, almost in the same place I went to sleep in! The sweating has eased off too. I wake up once in awhile with those night sweats, as opposed to all night long.

Jaci, weight has nothing to do with it. I am thin and thats how I would feel, just like you do.

I think drinking water did help me with the terrible sweating along with the ZMA. Before I did not drink any water at all, none, only a mouth full to take a pill. My body must have been all toxins.

I think the water made a difference with the nasty odor, now if I do sweat, I don't smell! I know, this sounds nuts, but hay, this is what happened to me.

My husband and daughter would tell me if I smelled bad, I insist that they tell me the truth.
    I am a 'nut' with smells to start with, I even use 'Huggies' instead of toilet paper, the 'Original Scent'as the other scents give me a headache! Talk about a crazy lady, this is a bona fide one here!

Sure hope you start getting some restful sleep.

Shalom, Shirl

7. AJME

AJME New Member

I would do a search but its nots working right now.

Could you tell me if ZMA is OTC and if there are any
    noticable side effects. What does ZMA stand for?

I don't dream much at all (not that I can remember). I don't know what stage I'm getting to as far as sleep.

Maybe if I got a VideoCamera with 6 hour tape in it I can mount on Tripod and film to see how often I move at night during sleep.

Cheaper then sleep lab.

Thanks!