I want to blow up right now at my boss

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Christinawensell, Jul 5, 2006.

1. Christinawensell

Christinawensell New Member

I have had fibro for 10 plus years and have been working here for this company for 7 of those. I am a very dedicated employee and I work very very hard.

I also do the work of 3-4 people and I train everyone who comes in here. I have been training a lady for a couple of weeks now, she came in knowing nothing about what we do.

I also have been complaining for about 3 years that I am not getting paid enough at this job. It takes 5 people to run this area and right now we only have myself and my trainy which puts alot of pressure on me to get things done.

I just found out today though ( this is the reason for the message) that she makes more than I do. They started her out more than what I make and I do more and I have been here for 7 years.

What would you do??? I want to march in the bosses office right now and quit, but I need the money. I am seriously thinking of transferring to another position, but how do I tell her I found out? I am so mad right now. I feel so used.

Please let me know what you would do.
  2. place

place New Member

Be cool.... I know it is hard to do. I have known many bosses that will try to get the employee to take the minimal.

You want to get paid more and keep the job, you have to play ball!

She thinks that you will not quit and have no other choice but to work for the penuts she is giving you.

What you want to do is call her bluff, professionally (that is why waiting 24 hours is a good thing), tell her that you found out, and that you are extreamly disapointed in her immoral behavior and the only way you could ever possibly stay is if you make $XX amount (put it much higher then you want). She will say no, but then you have to give your two weeks.

Upon which, she will change her mind and try to negociate with you. You can stand firm or lower your price.

IF she does not change her mind, you really do not need this job.

Good luck
  3. onedaymagpie

onedaymagpie New Member

Hi

goal = keep your job, get a raise

how to get to that goal?

let's all brain storm, but for starters:

prepare a listing of your duties, how you do a great job, etc, the value you give in training, etc. present them w/ your stating how dedicated you are and what ideas you have for the future.

then say based on this - you feel an increase to xxx is warrented

- mags
  4. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

It's not just the work, it's all the stress and petty humiliations and injustices and unfair treatment and etc.

No wonder people plan to quit their job FIRST THING when the win the lottery.