I WANT TO DELETE OLD SITES/PAGES HOw ????

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Cromwell, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

A post was deleted I asked this on, so here goes again...How do I delete old posts, sites and pages?

I am not too computer literate.

Thanks. Anne C
  2. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

If you're talking about on the computer in general and not specifically on this site....

You can do a disc clean by going to "All Programs" then "Accessories" then you'll see the disc clean/scan and click to do your "c" drive. It takes a few minutes but cleans up space on your computer.

Also, you can open up your internet browser and go to favorites...if you have pages stored there that you no longer need you can "right click" on them and the delete option will pop up for you. Most will go to the "Recycle Bin" which can later be deleted as well.

Once you've cleaned up your hard drive, go back to the "All Programs" then "Accessories" and click on "Defragment" which will put your files and folders in order on your computer which helps to make it run smoother.

While you're at it, go ahead and "reboot" by turning your computer off ... but click "restart" when you do it.

Remember if you're going to delete a thread from here that you started, all who posted their replies will be deleted too.

I hope this helps some,

Nancy B.
  3. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

oNE MORE QUESTION.

hOW DO i GET RID OF THE DOZENS OF OLD PAGES DATING BACK TO cHRISTMAS? i HAVE TRIED DELETING TO NO AVAIL. tHERE MUST BE SOME WAY OF JUST KEEPING ONE WEEK'S PAGES CURRENT.

Sorry I did not realise I was locked into caps.

Love Anne
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

I will get Dan to do that later. xxxxxx Anne