i want to report that i'm doing great right now...

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sascha, Sep 21, 2006.

1. sascha

sascha Member

(famous last words).(i hope not)

i maybe have found my protocol: blender drink every day with coconut milk, coconut oil, fruits, ground flax seeds, 1 egg, unsweetened cranberry/pomegranite juice, goateine whey powder, carob powder, stevia, frozen wheat grass cubes--whooee!! it sets me up for hours. in fact i often don't need more than one more meal in that day.

also on ginseng, gingko biloba, multi-vitamin, magnesium with glycinate, pro-biotics, DHEA- guess that's about it. i'm avoiding all processed/refined foods; sticking to high protein, good fats, very little carbs except for those in fruits and vegs. main snacks are fruits, raw nuts, figs

i just had to report in because i'm so excited- i rode my bike for two hours today! i stopped at benches to rest here and there; but this is unprecedented.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL!!! Sascha
  2. alaska3355

alaska3355 New Member

I hope your new protocol keeps working for you....it sounds like a good one, and very healthy. Save a little energy for tomorrow.....Terri
  3. kholmes

kholmes New Member

Wow; a two hour bike ride. Good for you!
    Thanks for sharing your protocol.
  4. sascha

sascha Member

back from my bike ride. it was the old sascha in operation- and we know how sick we can get. it was just so much fun to operate "normally" for a time.

i am keeping a sort of track on what i eat and drink. sometimes i control my regimen better than other times.

this is really a test now, as i didn't sleep until around 3 a.m. after my bike ride, and i was supposed to meet someone at 9 a.m. i called and cancelled as i knew i had to have more rest. now (going on 11 a.m) i'm up, going to have my blender drink, and take off to meet my friend. this is the test, to see how i do THE DAY AFTER. often times, just remaining upright is too much when i have overdone the previous day.

well-isn't it just the best thing to be doing better. i hope it is happening to you all! thanks, sascha
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so happy for you. Thanks for posting what is helping you heal.

Love, Mikie
  6. Lolalee

Lolalee New Member

Congratulations!!!! It is always good to hear when one of us is getting out and about and feeling better. I have a some questions for you if you don't mind.

1. How sick were you (i.e. housebound, hours of energy daily, etc.) and what were your worst symptoms?

2. How long did it take before you started to feel as good as you do now and how long have you been feeling as well as you do?

Thanks,

Lolalee
  7. KarenZee

KarenZee New Member

for you and I hope that you feel better forever.

Thanks for sharing!
  8. MamaDove

MamaDove New Member

So happy for you and thanks for posting this and giving us all hope...Reminds us NEVER to give up!!!
  9. sascha

sascha Member

how sick was i -- i had lengthy periods of being unable to get up. could not remain upright at all. i marked calendar during one period showing days lost when i was useless and completely non-functioning, and it was @five days/week for a long long time.

walking was very difficult. pain all over all the time. i would run a temperature quite a bit of the time. a lot of gut disturbances. rashy, red, swollen skin that drove me mad.
    couldn't think/remember names for ex. of streets. brain seemed to have come to a complete halt. visual disturances that nauseated me; dizziness. and such a debilitating weakness for any task whatsoever; so drained i couldn't even think to start to undertake a task. day after day after day would drift by with me flat on my back. i was too weak to even listen to music. once i remember even feeling too weak to fall asleep! weird.

my symptoms more recently have mainly been that utter exhaustion where any task is too much. getting laundry done is like an Olympic event then i bounce back somewhat and can go out and do more and enjoy myself.

must protect self from outside stress- this has become so clear and necessary. family trauma engulfed me and i went under for quite a time. then i found way to withdraw since i absolutely had to. and now i'm maintaining this stance with a clear conscience (it took a lot of painful work to get to this point)

i have had times i've cycled upward and regained some functioning. this latest stretch seems more promising because i now seem to have some definite information on what i can do to optimize my well-being.

it was been within last few weeks that i have made my latest progress. i'm going on a trip back East, and want to carefully figure out what i must take, do, get while there to keep myself going. also must carefully regulate rest and down time.

thanks for thoughtful questions; and thanks for all reponses!! Sascha >>I love this Board!